Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Hawaii help

Old 01-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #1
Julie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Julie4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii help

Chris and I are planning a trip to Kauai. Any suggestions on a place to stay, what to do while we are there, and the best time of year to go?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Toyota Tech..when im not Fishing
blakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblakes09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
blakes09's Tacoma Gallery
Who's Chris?
Old 01-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Julie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJulie4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My husband. Chris4x4
Old 01-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakes09 View Post
Who's Chris?
Old 01-18-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nobody? Where is our local hawaiian peeps?
Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry wish I could help, but I don't know much about Kauai. Hopefully someone can help you guys out. No matter what your plans are your trip will be awesome!

HAWAII FTW!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #8
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
There's nice hotels there. Sheraton Princeville to name one. You gotta check out Waimea Canyon. The island more or less shuts down at 7pm from what I remember. It's a very laid back island. NO Freeways . Google hotels on Kauai. Have fun!!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #9
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
The weather here doesnt really change, just that it tends to rain a little more in the summer, but being that Kauai is literally the rainiest place on earth, in terms of sightseeing, everything's always awesomely green.

It tends to get a little crowded around the holidays, but not as many people go to Kauai since it's not a major tourist hub

If you guys go to kauai, get a car and drive around; Kauai is one of the least developed islands (though development is increasing) and is tiny; you can drive around the circumference in less than a day

I have family there, so I don't have much experience with the hotel scene (but I imagine yelp and the sort will have the best info on that; hotels on the BI and kauai are pretty awesome IMHO)

must do's, off the top of my head-

visit hanalei bay, one of my favorite "i wanna be a tourist and go snorkel someplace" places

Waimea canyon is amazing

visit wailua falls

spouting horn; a place where chris can take a picture and make as many blowhole jokes as possible

and hamura's saimin and the kilauea fish market are ridiculously awesome places to go for food, if you guys wanna try a japanese style noodle house, and fresh fish (respectively...obviously)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #12
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Zipline, drive around the island as already mentioned (there's an AMAZING hotel on the north side), some breweries around if you're into that, an awesome Mexican restaurant across from the Nawiliwili Tavern. If you are going to be there on the first Saturday on the month it's gay night at the Nawiliwili Tavern, learned that one on my 21st birthday. If you see any fruit stands on the side of the road stop and see what they have and try something new, cacao beans are delicious in addition to the many tropical fruits.

I was only there for a weekend. I liked Maui the best out of the couple I went to but all have their own nuances.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 AM   #13

Thanks for the help! Any and all recommendations are appreciated
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
The weather here doesnt really change, just that it tends to rain a little more in the summer, but being that Kauai is literally the rainiest place on earth, in terms of sightseeing, everything's always awesomely green.

It tends to get a little crowded around the holidays, but not as many people go to Kauai since it's not a major tourist hub

If you guys go to kauai, get a car and drive around; Kauai is one of the least developed islands (though development is increasing) and is tiny; you can drive around the circumference in less than a day

I have family there, so I don't have much experience with the hotel scene (but I imagine yelp and the sort will have the best info on that; hotels on the BI and kauai are pretty awesome IMHO)

must do's, off the top of my head-

visit hanalei bay, one of my favorite "i wanna be a tourist and go snorkel someplace" places

Waimea canyon is amazing

visit wailua falls

spouting horn; a place where chris can take a picture and make as many blowhole jokes as possible

and hamura's saimin and the kilauea fish market are ridiculously awesome places to go for food, if you guys wanna try a japanese style noodle house, and fresh fish (respectively...obviously)
WOW!!! That looks beutifull!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Birds in Paradise powered gliders.

http://www.birdsinparadise.com/index.php
Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 AM   #19
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely the Na Pali coast, it's a legend in the islands at least among my friends.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
808Renato is on a distinguished road

Name: Renato
808Renato's Tacoma Gallery
Summer time, Marriott (Poipu) and do everything Konaborne suggested...
Oh and try my wife's Lilikoi Mousse at the Coconut market place
Aloha