Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Group Travel/Guided Tours

Old 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
Group Travel/Guided Tours

Anyone ever do one of those guided tours to a foreign country that includes airfare? Wife and I are wanting to do one through Virgin American down to Peru this summer. Any other suggestions of companies for any other country? We are open to suggestions if someone had a really awesome experience elsewhere. We are just wanting to do some international exploring now while we have no kids lol.

The one we were looking at is approx. $4k for the two of us, includes airfare out of Miami (which works because we can see her family on the front or back end of the trip) and includes quite a few meals and lodging each night.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
i have.

i use a company called Intrepid Travel. does NOT include airfare. i travel to spots that i would need help. i have been to southeast asia three times, and i used Intrepid. they have 3 levels of comfort, basic to deluxe. i always do the mid level. it allows you to travel "kinda like a local". expect a squat toilet or two.

i cant read or know the language over there, so Intrepid just moves you around while you are over there..trains, cars, buses. once you hit a city..you are on your own. it is fantastic. you make friends from all over the world. travel groups are small. once it was just 5 of us.

best way to travel in my opinion. total immersion.