Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Travel in central Baja California to prehistoric cave art.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Travel in central Baja California to prehistoric cave art.

Following my trip report last July, my friend Geoff visited the Cave of el Carmen in the center of Baja and also the Montevideo painted cliff, near Bahia de los Angeles and made this nice video clip with relaxing music... ENJOY!

http://www.youtube.com/v/OABjQV13cQw

Here is an article I wrote about the cave art: http://www.bajabound.com/bajatravel/..._el_carmen.php
Old 03-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any thoughts, comments, or questions?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
David, I really enjoyed the video your friend Geoff made.
I miss the geography of the U.S. Southwest & Baja has always interested me. Someday...
Old 03-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #4

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardscrabble View Post
David, I really enjoyed the video your friend Geoff made.
I miss the geography of the U.S. Southwest & Baja has always interested me. Someday...
It's like being on another planet, but only a few hours drive from San Diego!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Darth is on a distinguished road
Marines:
Darth's Tacoma Gallery
When is your next Baja trip? You mind of I tag along?
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #6

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth View Post
When is your next Baja trip? You mind of I tag along?
Don't know when we will do another group trip like the Mission Santa Maria adventure of 2010 (Memorial Day weekend)... but that was epic! Otherwise, the wife and I are into quiet camping on Shell Island, with usually nobody else there.

I was able to get ONE Tacoma World member to join us going to Mission Santa Maria... it was HB Murphy and he was an amazing four wheeler and a big asset to the group.

I take it you saw the photos?:

Part 1: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tra...-part-1-a.html

Part 2: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tra...-part-2-a.html

I suggest you join BajaNomad.com forums... like here, but various Baja California subjects, including trip reports, photography, caravans, general discussion. There are a few Baja Nomads besides me, here on TW, as well.

Over July 4th weekend, 2010, we went to Shell Island with two other vehicles (they arrived after we did): http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tra...nd-2010-a.html