Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

August 2013 Road Trip!!!!

Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
TwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TwistedTLM4's Tacoma Gallery
August 2013 Road Trip!!!!

I will be driving my Tacoma from Pennsylvania to the great state of Wyoming in August. I will be leaving on Thursday, August 1 and driving through. I will obviously be stopping for food, fuel and the john. This is for vacation/scouting for future move. Any suggestions on where to stop on the way (landmarks/tourist traps) and also once I'm in the state of Wyoming? Thanks much for any insight!!!
Old 07-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
Moshman is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Moshman's Tacoma Gallery
Thats awesome man! I used to live in Idaho and have driven from there to PA and back probably a dozen times or more always driving through Wyoming. Not sure which part of Wyoming you're going to but I would check out Devils Tower if you can. Get off of I-90 in Sundance, WYand take rt. 14 to rt. 24. Also if you're driving through South Dakota I'd recommend the drive through tour of the Badlands and see Mt. Rushmore if you can. And also the town of Wall is right there. Alot of cool shops. Also in South Dakota, I cant remember exactly where, but there are signs for it along the interstate(I-90) there is a cool western town you can walk through. They have one of the horses there from the movie Dances with Wolves. If your driving across Nebraska I'd check out Chimney Rock. Thats right off hwy. 92. I took that route a few times also. Beautiful country out there! Good luck and have an awesome trip!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:55 PM   #3
TwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedTLM4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TwistedTLM4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, Moshman! I will heading through the northern part of the state on Rte 90. The game plan as of now is to drive straight through to the Badlands and take a detour through there. Then stop and walk through Wall Drug in Wall, SD. Next I plan to drive up to Deadwood and grab some dinner and perhaps spend the night. Tour the town of Deadwood and maybe hit up Mt Rushmore and Crazyhorse in the AM. Then jump back on 90 and swing by Devil's Tower and maybe hit up a couple places in Gillette, Buffalo and Sheridan. From there I will be playing it by ear.
Old 07-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #4
Moshman is on a distinguished road

Name: Jason
Moshman's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got it planned out! Have a great trip man! Some unbelievable country out there!