Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Lookin for ideas along I35

Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 AM   #1
RoninTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
RoninTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin for ideas along I35

Hey all, Im driving down to San Antonio from Kansas City on I35 with my family and was wondering if you guys had any awesome stops or really anything to break up the drive. We have two kids and both are under three years old so we cant do things meant for older kids like roller coasters and such. Please post any ideas you have, I could use them. Thank you!
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
chrisrobinette is on a distinguished road
Army:
Name: Chris
chrisrobinette's Tacoma Gallery
There's the Texas Ranger Museum in Waco, right off 35. Not too expensive and a good piece of Texas history.

Take 35W around Dallas/Ft Worth. 35E is hellacious.

Watch out just south of Temple, construction takes it down to one or two lanes and traffic gets immediately backed up. I suggest looking at back roads to avoid it.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
RoninTaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
RoninTaco's Tacoma Gallery
awesome, thanks for the traffic info too!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
TCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTCprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TCprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.myinnerspacecavern.com/m_home.php

North of Austin kids will love it really cool place

Also maybe take them to the okc memorial?

Go to Dallas for JFK memorial show them I library ect?

Go off route a little to check out the red river?

You will also drive right by texas motor speed way would be a good stop for some fun