Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Europe - Which Countries? How Much Time?...Vacation

Old 05-24-2014, 04:16 PM   #41
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have an update. I have read all your responses. Thanks so much. I will try to respond to them individually when I get time. Long story short, Europe is a no go. I was supposed to go with my sister and she bailed. I'm kind of glad because Europe wasn't my first choice, although is like to get there eventually. I am now looking at the Galápagos Islands. Possibly South America.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #42
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Yes I have an update. I have read all your responses. Thanks so much. I will try to respond to them individually when I get time. Long story short, Europe is a no go. I was supposed to go with my sister and she bailed. I'm kind of glad because Europe wasn't my first choice, although is like to get there eventually. I am now looking at the Galápagos Islands. Possibly South America.
That kinda sucks man. I look at vacations to new places like a lotta things in life...you don't know what you don't know. I hope you get to visit the EU sometime soon.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #43
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
That kinda sucks man. I look at vacations to new places like a lotta things in life...you don't know what you don't know. I hope you get to visit the EU sometime soon.
I will. Either 2015 or 2016 for sure.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #44
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
OP - any update on your travel plans?

I think we're looking at going late-July/early August, but still undecided on where. I know we want to go to Paris (my wife has a quest to visit all of the Disneylands), but I don't know where else is feasible in 2 weeks. We were thinking of doing a mostly Spain/Portugal trip, then going to Paris for a couple of days. Or we might just stay on the France side of the Pyrenees mountains and do a France, Italy, and maybe UK trip. But again, don't know what's really feasible with ~14 day vacay (including traveling days). Any tips would be great
just thought I'd update.

Booked a 14 day trip to Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Paris. All the hotels and flights came out to $5k total. Already thinking of the mods I coulda done with that $ LOL
Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
just thought I'd update.

Booked a 14 day trip to Madrid, Barcelona, Lisbon, and Paris. All the hotels and flights came out to $5k total. Already thinking of the mods I coulda done with that $ LOL
Wow. Sounds like it should be a great trip though. Is that price just for one person?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:43 AM   #46
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Wow. Sounds like it should be a great trip though. Is that price just for one person?
God no. For me and my wife. idk, I thought it seemed pretty steep. I asked her if she was willing to backpack and do a little exploring that way. Her response was, "How old are we again? We are going on vacation." Convo over lol

Does $5k for 2 people seem pretty reasonable?

Flights:
SF to Madrid
Madrid to Lisbon
Lisbon to Barcelona
Barcelona to Paris
Paris to SF

Hotels:
Lisbon (4 nights)
Barcelona (3 nights)
Paris (4 nights)
Also 3 nights in Madrid, but we're staying with a friend, so no hotel.