Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #341
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post

never heard of them, but i'll look into it. is there a thread?
WAAAT?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gro...arch-16-a.html

That's from this year. That's what your buddy is running on his truck maybe his is a Tepui http://www.tepuitents.com/.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #342
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
no his is an ARB.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #343
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All are great tents. But the group buy for CVT will have some nice discounts
Old 11-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #344
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
All are great tents. But the group buy for CVT will have some nice discounts

I <3 discounts.

Case in point.... I picked up a pair of relentless sliders for 200 from a guy in Ohio. while they aren't "new", I'll take the 500 or so bucks saved and make it a weekend project of sanding them down and painting them since my buddy Kase told me he'd weld them on for me haha.

I'm also going to look at a brand new in box bestop soft top for almost 50% off since my other canvas decided that it wanted to rip.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #345

That's bummer on the topper. I don't blame you I got an all pro bed rack bolt on for 300 what they cost $499 plus shipping. brought it home sanded the old paint in most spots and smoothed it out and repainted. love it.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #346
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
That's bummer on the topper. I don't blame you I got an all pro bed rack bolt on for 300 what they cost $499 plus shipping. brought it home sanded the old paint in most spots and smoothed it out and repainted. love it.

yeah, i creeped your build when i was trying to decide on a bed rack/topper/nothing haha. i think my sanding/painting will involve more booze and a cigar haha.

same for when i plastiderp a the remaining chrome off the front.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #347
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
all i wanna know is his rear setup. Im liking that rtt. Just wondering what kind of leafs and suspension he has in the rear

Jeverich's Build

And specifically: Rear Suspension

Matt
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #348
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post

Jeverich's Build

And specifically: Rear Suspension

Matt
nice, i didn't know he had one haha.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #349
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
This has been awesome. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Is there a timeframe when you need to end this walkabout ?
And where do you call home and hang your hat ?
Thanks again, much appreciate your posting and keeping up with updates.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #350
Previously "MGMTacoFF"
CanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanisLupus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
CanisLupus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. Looks like he has the dakars. Helps me with decisions
I think he used to have Dakar's but if you click on the 2nd link you can see he has OMD springs now.

Matt
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #351

Quote:
yeah, i creeped your build when i was trying to decide on a bed rack/topper/nothing haha. i think my sanding/painting will involve more booze and a cigar haha.

same for when i plastiderp a the remaining chrome off the front.
I always smoke a nice cigar while doing some derp and drinking. All I have left to derp is my rear bumper but I cant find any plasti dip around me . there are a few members selling bed racks but your back on the other side of the state to get a look at one. I haven't updated my build yet but for shits and giggles I derped my scuff plastes and there holding up pretty damn good
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #352
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deog View Post
This has been awesome. Thanks for sharing your adventure.
Is there a timeframe when you need to end this walkabout ?
And where do you call home and hang your hat ?
Thanks again, much appreciate your posting and keeping up with updates.
Thanksgiving haha. Can't miss all of deer season either. I am staying outside of Houston pretty close to Galveston, but things may be changing a lot here soon with a few offers from various jobs.

I have a few more plans on off roading and places to visit, but for the most part it's been a real blast seeing everything even though it's been a whirlwind. It gives me a good gauge of places to revisit and/or spend more time at as well as introduced me to some pretty cool people.

I still have to do the ALCAN and get Alaska since it's literally the only state i have left to see..... (hint hint)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #353
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
I always smoke a nice cigar while doing some derp and drinking. All I have left to derp is my rear bumper but I cant find any plasti dip around me . there are a few members selling bed racks but your back on the other side of the state to get a look at one. I haven't updated my build yet but for shits and giggles I derped my scuff plastes and there holding up pretty damn good

yeah, kase makes pretty solid ones for 250 out of columbus. i thought it was funny that the alignment place didn't reinstall my skid plate and when i went to get the 15k today, i asked the service guys to reinstall it. it was bent and dented and scuffed to shit and they kinda looked at me sideways, and the only thing i could muster was "well clearly i use it". i think i'm gonna have to upgrade to a full skid....
Old 11-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #354
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
A cell phone pic dump:

My buddies cleaning and painting the roof at their brewery in Oregon.

Ferry crossing the Willamette River north of Salem OR.

SOOOOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!

Remote rest area breakdown breakdown

So full of NOMZ!!!!

Black Dragon Canyon between Moab and the Grand Canyon:

My friend Megan showing me all the breweries in Colorado:

Pikes Peak:

View of Pikes Peak from my friends backyard!

Left Hand Brewery. They were closed.

Post wheeling dinner with Gage and Jeff:

Basically I am:

Mt. St. Helens:

The Marine Layer rolling in on the way into San Francisco.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #355
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
U sir, are a drunk! and I wish I could be drunk with you! lol

Happy vets day sir!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #356
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Just read page 17!! AAAWWWSSOOOMMMMMEEE
Old 11-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #357
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
That sounds like a man I need to make my best friend! Cuz I think i was born without a liver too, or i sure as hell hope soooo!!! LOL

Semper Fi!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #358
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Basically I am:
Is that mine? haha
Old 11-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #359
deog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud ofdeog has much to be proud of
Name: snicklefritz
deog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I still have to do the ALCAN and get Alaska since it's literally the only state i have left to see..... (hint hint)

Alcan is a must. I entered Canada from Montana so i could check out the Blue rockies, then worked my was west to British Columbia and headed towards the yukon. British Columbia is a beautiful place and should not be missed by any traveler.

My gps when i was at the arctic circle in 2008
Attached Thumbnails
Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.-img_0417.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #360
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks. Looks like he has the dakars. Helps me with decisions
Haha.. Amazed there's so much interest.

I've built up my own Old Man Doug Leaf packs; essentially putting in 3 leafs per side out of a junkyard find F150 Pack. Pretty impressed so far, and with only $75 invested, they're definitely hard to beat..