Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #381
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I'll get around to uploading the Big Bend trip on my next jaunt into town... That'd be pretty cool I think. As for me.... I'm off to the brewery.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #382
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler08trd View Post
Looks awesome... Got a friend that his parents have a boat he used to go up every summer as a summer job.. I believe his boat is called the mojo but don't even know where us was at exactly...
yeah, there's a lot of people who do that. as for the boat.... those things come and go and get renamed or run aground (4 so far this year). who knows.

i do know that i have possibly met the scientific proof of the missing links in the human evolution chain. They were already alive for exxon valdez, and don't live near where the missile tests were way back in the day soooo.... we'll see. i need to get a blood sample.... but how....
Old 07-13-2014, 08:30 PM   #384
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
You're not the boss of me but it may or may not be on the itinerary
Old 07-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #385
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Mayor. If u get a text from a 907 area code it's me.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #386
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Dude, this is a pretty epic trip. I thought my few thousand mile trips this summer up to Wyo and MT were epic . . . you win.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #387
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Just wait there's a lot more to come in the next month and I have a few more trips planned for the next year or ten. Haha
Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 AM   #388
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
So I'm sitting in Anchorage after meeting up with the very awesome benbacher and picking up my new front end lights. I got the pencil beams on but the 2nd set are spliced in and I have to pick up a wiring kit to install the second pair. Basically I am moving the 4 diffused fog lights to the bedrack to be used as ditch/camp lights and getting a bit more illumination distance/width up front. Hitting the two deer on my last road trip and almost t-boning an elk made my mind up for me.

I will try to post some pics tonight and tomorrow to catch up with some of the stuff from my summer working in Kodiak, but I am headed to Denali for a few days of clean air and bear spray, so if you guys don't hear from me by saaaaaaaaay Saturday (should be hitting Fairbanks around then) check for my PLB/EPIRB signal and call in the Marines.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:45 AM   #389
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:

20 lb halibut

icicle cannery at dusk (aka 11pm)

rocky point. if you ever want to feel small, come to alaska

monkey rock, telrod cove, spiridon bay

2 10 lb reds i caught in telrod

cod was so big it snapped my rod. in this case revenge was best served as fish tacos

our boat sitting in black cape

beach seiners

telrod cove waterfall

fishing

40 inch 34 lb halibut
Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #390
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
where is the build thread ?
i have a build thread, but in typical houston bs fashion it got thread jacked.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #391
Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional.....
sarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2 (SS/SW)
Name: Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
sarsabious's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
i have a build thread, but in typical houston bs fashion it got thread jacked.
You act like you don't like it...... tease.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:33 AM   #392
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
check your pms
Old 08-20-2014, 01:56 AM   #393
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:

whoops

sunrise courtesy of disney

sunset

double rainbow at veikoda bay on our last day

pink salmon (humpy). yes i snagged it, yes i released it. it's not even good to eat.

last trip to saltrey

my truck WAS black before saltrey

i caved and bought an emergency locator beacon, just in case.

tee hee

salmon, halibut and coffee

beer collection so far. wonder how long it will last......
Old 08-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #394
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Left anchorage this morning after a stop at great harvest bakery and I blinked and saw this....

Southern boundary of Denali and Mt McKinley.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #395
2011 TX TRD Offroad
Cmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shedCmurder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: B.C.
Cmurder's Tacoma Gallery
Bump this thread again for people who havent read it. Do another road trip dude!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #396
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Working on it my friend. Camping in Denali right now and drove the Denali highway for shits and gigs. Sitting at panorama pizza pub punching and swerving with some Alaska beer and great pizza.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:08 PM   #397
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Found a few hiccups in my truck today. One of my battery tie downs had something better to do and disappeared leaving me to reposition my battery cover every stop versus it taking one of the battery clamps off. The little panel under my drivers side headlight would have vamoosed had it not been zip tied from the front bumper install. I'm really thinking my frame is bent now. I have a few places where the paint is gone down to bare metal. Once I'm done drinking (aka tomorrow morning) I'll take some pics of the things I'm seeing. One of the bolts holding my bed rack on rattled loose and my afrotech university cb antenna mount is well, frankly, I'm about to gorilla tape it upright, but it's more sturdy than the famous fab thru tailgate one I had so I'm OK with it having aka bout gangster lean.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:26 PM   #398
Professional Threadjacker
Chopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shedChopper678 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
Chopper678's Tacoma Gallery
Much envy of this trip! Thanks for your service.

Saw your fishing pics... you're not Flash Gordon. This is bogus.

I will definitely have to do something like this at some point in life.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #399
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
It's only getting better......

I made a small (ish) pit stop yesterday and today, and by that, I mean it was an 18 hour drive round trip... I'm working on uploading the pics now, but here's a sneak peak.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #400
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, I'm jealous.