Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:33 PM   #382
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
ok, so my computer crashed and took a bunch of the pics and videos that I hadn't uploaded. I have them backed up somewhere, but with deer season and the holidays I haven't been about to root around for them.

I have a camping trip to big bend coming up after xmas, and possibly one or two more at the beginning of the year. nothing as crazy as the epic trip, but i'll upload pics along the way.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #384
Now I understand everyone's shit's emotional.....
sarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shedsarsabious is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2 (SS/SW)
Name: Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
sarsabious's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
Arches National Park Offroad. Before you go ranting and raving, it's completely legal, and the trails are on the map you get from the gatehouse/ranger station, you just can't go off trail. This is the beginning of the road, so it's really tame, but it has a good view of some of the hills I got to play in.

http://youtu.be/ZLFUQL2WADE
Love the AC/DC cover in the background. P.S. this trip looked epic (jelly to be honest) and it makes me realize that I should have done this when I got out. I'd definitely roll to AK with you.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:50 AM   #385
Savior of the Universe
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
awesome, and it looks like jobs are starting to line up for zee moneys lebowski!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #386
12thmanhawkfan is on a distinguished road

Name: Robby
12thmanhawkfan's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe I just found this thread, I'm way jealous! Glad to see you made it up to Bellingham too.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #387
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Goddamn it's cold in ND right now.. Just outside of Fargo..

I'll say hi to Ariel for you
Old 02-24-2014, 01:04 AM   #388
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
hahaha nice! i'm trying to sell the camper and already progressing to bedracks .

but a friendly heads up, we are in the early stages of planning an AK trip in a year or so (with my buddy and his GF, and maybe more).
Old 02-24-2014, 01:47 AM   #389
jeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeverich is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
jeverich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hahaha nice! i'm trying to sell the camper and already progressing to bedracks .

but a friendly heads up, we are in the early stages of planning an AK trip in a year or so (with my buddy and his GF, and maybe more).
Let me know..

On the boat now, got here last week. Dunno what I'll be doing/where I'll be.. But an AK trip sounds killer.
Old 07-13-2014, 03:42 PM   #390
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
Maybe it's time to revive this thread since I've technically been on the road since early May. A few new upgrades include WO seat covers, Budbuilt full skids (minus the gas tank one), ATO bolt on rear bumper and a derpwerx bedrack waiting for me to decide what I want to build on it.

I got a really random phone call from some asshole (see^) and decided it would be in my best interest to pack my truck up and drive my happy self from Galveston, Texas ALLLLLLLLL the way to Kodiak, AK... Yep. It's happened. I didn't get many good sight seeing trips in as I was crunched for time and trying to make a very expensive ferry from Homer, but, damn the luck, I have to drive the near 5000 miles back with no time frame. Whoopsie daisy. My GPS shit the bed somewhere near Calgary, and my 40$ famous fabrication through tailgate antenna mount shhnaaaaped after about 6 months, so I picked on up that was designed at Afrotech University (). I've got nothing but time on my way back and am currently plotting a very sexy route back with a few expensive stops at some places for what I can best describe as "strategery". It might not make no logical why I'm doing it this way, but if you haven't figured it out now, I'm kinda lacking in the impulse control area.

Let's begin with the scant number of pictures I took on the trip up, then continue with Kodiak/fishing pics:

Alaskan Range, Glacier View, AK

Middle of nowhere Alaska

Pickaxe Lake, Yukon

Alcan Hwy

Buffalo

A 1-lane Bailey bridge across the Fort Nelson River headed north to NWT.

At this point, my truck was not even a year old....

Memorial for US soldiers at Little Big Horn

Memorial for the Plains Indians at Little Big Horn

Kaycee WY, a tribute to a great man.

Entering the Rockies in Northern NM/Southern CO.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #391
Savior of the Universe

Marines:

Dunes at Fossil Beach

stupid northern sculpin

pasagshak bay with pasagshak river outlet

one of the smallest kodiak bear mounts here. it's in the layaway section of walmart. i have rethought my knife-fighting desires. officially.... unofficially, i will still hit one with my truck then put a knife in it's paw.

Alaskan, sitting in St. Paul Harbor.

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

Rough day on Pillar Mt.

Idiot went up in this barge at 6am to "watch the fog roll in" (mean that what you will) with his tiny male "friend" (mean that what you will) and got stuck. Put out the help request via a FB group, and ended up snapping my winch line and shredding 3 tow straps because he wouldn't listen to us. in other words...

Saltry Creek run with a TW member.

why buy Safari Snorkel when you can make one??? (not on my rig)

Boat I'm working on

mama bear and 2 cubs in Larsen Bay

big tides mean long carry.

sea otters. while cute, they're huge assholes.

precarious position 1.

precarious position 2.

Spiridon Bay

lodge/abandoned cannery in Uyak Bay

Uyak Bay

Old 07-13-2014, 04:15 PM   #392
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks amazing out there. Jealous as fuck
Old 07-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #393
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
lol as well you should be mr. tattoos.

haha and don't insult my salmon cooking abilities again or you may find yourself uninvited to any possible salmon bake

Old 07-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #394
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I never insulted them?

Plus FU... Too good to reply to a text when someone's just trying to see how things are going
Old 07-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #395
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
my normal phone doesn't work except for in kodiak. that and i haven't gotten a text from you...... i'll pm you my temporary alaskan number.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #396
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
and if it makes you think... i'm sitting at a bar (surprise surprise) planning some big surprises and the road trip route home. i think everyone will be surprised/even more
Old 07-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #397
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
my normal phone doesn't work except for in kodiak. that and i haven't gotten a text from you...... i'll pm you my temporary alaskan number.

It's no worries. I sent you a text a few weeks ago just trying to see if you're still alive and to see how alaskas treating you.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:43 PM   #398
Tayler08trd is on a distinguished road

Name: Tayler
Tayler08trd's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome... Got a friend that his parents have a boat he used to go up every summer as a summer job.. I believe his boat is called the mojo but don't even know where us was at exactly...
Old 07-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #399
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
Maybe I'll get around to uploading the Big Bend trip on my next jaunt into town... That'd be pretty cool I think. As for me.... I'm off to the brewery.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #400
Savior of the Universe

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayler08trd View Post
Looks awesome... Got a friend that his parents have a boat he used to go up every summer as a summer job.. I believe his boat is called the mojo but don't even know where us was at exactly...
yeah, there's a lot of people who do that. as for the boat.... those things come and go and get renamed or run aground (4 so far this year). who knows.

i do know that i have possibly met the scientific proof of the missing links in the human evolution chain. They were already alive for exxon valdez, and don't live near where the missile tests were way back in the day soooo.... we'll see. i need to get a blood sample.... but how....