Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Old 10-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #41
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
that's awesome, i'll definitely have to check them out.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #42
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 10-14-2013, 12:44 AM   #43
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
What susan said.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #44
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
before ya pass through OKC, stop at Pops (north of OKC) for a soda and good burger.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:48 AM   #45
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I see you made it about 200 miles.... this is gonna be a long trip...
Old 10-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #46
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
I see you made it about 200 miles.... this is gonna be a long trip...
lol, i got a really late start and also don't judge me. i have to go to college station today and then DFW.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #48
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Damn looks like one hell of a trip! How many miles estimated to be the grand total?
If you're up in Seattle before December give me a holler, after that I'll be at MCRD.

....and if you do swing down to San Diego between December-February, PICK ME UP!!
Hahaha, kidding. I want to get through that 13 weeks asap
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
i'll be there early next week. shoot me a pm with your contact info and we can meet up. maybe sling some mud and drink some coffee and talk about the shitshow you're about to endure. i just had my 1 year free party haha

and it's gonna be anywhere from 4700 - 8000 depending on what i choose to do.
If you're up here this upcoming Saturday/Sunday (I know it's a little ahead of your schedule), me and some of the WA guys are planning on hitting an easy trail, mostly slinging a little mud and getting to meet one another... maybe shoot some guns-- happening on Saturday or Sunday in a an area just south of Seattle (Buckley, WA).

Hope you can swing by then!
Either way I'd like to meet up with ya if/when you're in Seattle
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #49
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
Thanks for your service bro. Been wanting to do a trip like this myself, might pick your brain when I roll out. Have fun man!
just give me a shout. it's a blast.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #50
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredofshaw View Post
before ya pass through OKC, stop at Pops (north of OKC) for a soda and good burger.
I'll definitely make a stop there.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #51
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
If you're up here this upcoming Saturday/Sunday (I know it's a little ahead of your schedule), me and some of the WA guys are planning on hitting an easy trail, mostly slinging a little mud and getting to meet one another... maybe shoot some guns-- happening on Saturday or Sunday in a an area just south of Seattle (Buckley, WA).

Hope you can swing by then!
Either way I'd like to meet up with ya if/when you're in Seattle

guns?? i like guns. and easy things.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #52
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #53
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
guns?? i like guns. and easy things.
Well then make it out here this upcoming weekend.
I'll be watching your trip
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #54
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Woke up late today (drinking until 2 am while trying to upload pics will do that to you) and took a short trip from Huntsville to College Station to visit some friends at the Dixie Chicken (always a must for an Aggie) before I headed up to DFW.

The drive up 6 was torturous and the rain caused 3 accidents within 5 miles or so on 35 which was annoying and made the Dallas drivers even more douchy. I met Rich at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill because Susan is being "an adult" and not playing hookie from work (and I now have the sneaking suspicion that there is a pool on when and where my predator steps will break/shatter/split or otherwise fail based on a conversation with shim). Outside of them not having a drink menu/list and the overpriced souvenir store ($25 for a tshirt), I'd have to say it's a great overall experience. The ambiance is pretty much what I expected except for the lack of car parts. Richard and Aaron came in and they were shooting parts for the show in the VIP area which was pretty cool. The ribs which were effing AMAZING, but the mashed potatoes are completely avoidable.

Now I'm sitting at a Motel 6 in Ardmore, OK after deciding that sitting at the Addison Flying Saucer wasn't worth the fact of still being in TX after a day and a half on the road - regardless of size of the state. So if you happen to be in Ardmore, OK... avoid the Motel 6. I feel like I may be woken up by a SWAT raid in the middle of the night or may have the window smashed by a meth head who has the wrong room number.

I'm pretty satisfied with Layla on the drive so far, outside of needing a front end alignment after the Houston TORR meet and my baja-ha-ha jump. I might stop and get that take care of tomorrow just in case my camber is off. My "not skipping songs" rule is killing me and I realize that I have a lot of stupid ass songs from exes - saaaaay Janet Jackson remixes and Shania Twain.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #55
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
aaaaand a crack head just knocked on my door... sweet.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #56
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
Hang in there your barely out the state!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #57
'merica
FreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedFreidTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: null
FreidTaco's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd for the visit to WY and you can come shoot/wheel/(B/S/T)guns with me and Hagen out here.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #58
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreidTaco View Post
sub'd for the visit to WY and you can come shoot/wheel/(B/S/T)guns with me and Hagen out here.
as long as y'all keep the crack heads away

Old 10-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #59
whys the rum gone
snowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowtank is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
snowtank's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha crackheads! funny people as long as you have a side arm. Why you not coming to the great state of AZ? But anyway it looks like a fun trip! and thanks for the service!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #60
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtank View Post
hahaha crackheads! funny people as long as you have a side arm. Why you not coming to the great state of AZ? But anyway it looks like a fun trip! and thanks for the service!
that map is a rough estimate based on my time frame. i definitely want to hit up the GC, sedona, and wickenburg. i lived near tucson for about 6 months but never got to really offroad thanks to the 2wd F150 that i owned.