Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Mike
Location: Behind the windshield, watching the world pass on the right.
mipawlus's Tacoma Gallery
Wandering and Wondering - My little road trip.

Last year I took a 3 week road trip to every state east of the Mighty Mississippi and then I went to Afghanistan where I made plans for the Westward leg. So I bought a new truck, survived some firefights, came home, and now, well, I need to get out and get some fresh air.

I've only got 4 basic rules:
1. Don't end up in the jail, the hospital, or morgue.
2. Never say no to a wheeling trip.
3. Keep her drivable.
4. No skipping song on the iPod - regardless of how shitty the music.

ALASKAN UPDATE (aka lessons learned from the other road trip):
Stop and smell the roses, see the little things, and take more pics.

I really only have a google map and wallet, so lets see how this goes. Bring on the horizon!!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #3
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck and have fun!!. Which I know you and fun
Old 10-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Ain't nobody got time for dat!
DEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDEEVON911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
DEEVON911's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds awesome. Be safe, have fun and post pics!c
Old 10-13-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Broja OG and CEO
mipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shedmipawlus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
well my intent is to use this as a blog and post pics and hopefully meet up with other TWers and go wheeling in their areas.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have bail money stored away just in case?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Do you have bail money stored away just in case?
Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
Smurfette
baconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbaconbits2_98 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Becky
baconbits2_98's Tacoma Gallery
Sure to be a good, well deserved and much needed trip for you sir!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits2_98 View Post
Sure to be a good, well deserved and much needed trip for you sir!

and in theory i might be able to swing that trip you were talking about in late oct!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
Just be around so you can pick up this ATO

i'll be back in late october.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #13
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
sounds fun man! this is something i’d love to do along with drive to AK. but going to wait till i have a small trailer so i don’t have to get a hotel or anything every night.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #14
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
So you are going to all the western states?
im gonna decide that en route. i have the maps and the desire, but i really don't feel like driving in cali traffic. been there done that but unfortunately there are like 5 things i want to see there....
Old 10-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #15
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
sounds fun man! this is something id love to do along with drive to AK. but going to wait till i have a small trailer so i dont have to get a hotel or anything every night.
i did a decade in the usmc. i'm not afraid to camp.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:52 AM   #16
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
i'll be back in late october.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #17
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mipawlus View Post
i did a decade in the usmc. i'm not afraid to camp.
yeah i love camping, i kinda want to build a small off road/cargo trailer kinda like colinb17 has. Id rather spend money and build that than say an m416 or what every with a RTT. I also could maybe use the extra space, on a really long trip like that. I tent to proper for the worst and hope for the best on trips. went on a 655 mile trip back in jan and had stuff i never needed. a bunch of tie downs, also had a trench shovel incase we slide off the road or something in the snow.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #19
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
If you decide to go through Wyoming let me know. We can set up a wheeling trip as long as I can get the time off.

hell yeah. i was looking at going on the mormon trail and apparently i have to go to yellowstone according to my friend who just visited
Old 10-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
Broja OG and CEO

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
if not, i'll paypal you the cash and then swing by on my way home at the end.