Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Planning a Road Trip (summer 2014) Suggestions needed

Old 11-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Planning a Road Trip (summer 2014) Suggestions needed

Oh , Canada

You're bound to bump into me , I'm in Canada
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #22
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Oh , Canada

It all depends on where you live haha, im planning on hitting the Montreal and surrounding areas for a couple days, if you're around there, i'd be happy to drop by and see the OZ.

And get that Relentless Alum bumper...
Old 11-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
It all depends on where you live haha, im planning on hitting the Montreal and surrounding areas for a couple days, if you're around there, i'd be happy to drop by and see the OZ.

And get that Relentless Alum bumper...
Oh , Montreal

That's a nice city , I'll be there in June

but that's over 2000 miles from where I live
Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #24
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh , Montreal

That's a nice city , I'll be there in June

but that's over 2000 miles from where I live
I have a friend that lives there and she's going to show me a good time.. Im prob gonna make the trip in june/july so i may in up seeing you in there, maybe.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #25

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have a friend that lives there and she's going to show me a good time.. Im prob gonna make the trip in june/july so i may in up seeing you in there, maybe.
Old Montreal is beautiful

I'm just there for 5 days spanning the weekend and I'll be at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve the whole time
Old 11-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #26
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Old Montreal is beautiful

I'm just there for 5 days spanning the weekend and I'll be at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve the whole time

Old Montreal? There's a new montreal as well?

Wuts the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #27
Rubberhead
Fahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shedFahrenheit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fahrenheit's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on your route, Kenora Ont. is a beautiful town (the last "town" before you land in Manitoba), I stopped in all 3 times I drove across the country. If you head into Man. from there, I would not recommend stopping at the food joint in Prawda on the highway(17), do NOT get the Prawda Burger, you'd have to have shot taste buds and a led belly to eat it
Old 12-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #28

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Old Montreal? There's a new montreal as well?

Wuts the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve?
Old Montreal is the original part of town with all the old architecture , Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is the race track out on le Notre-Dame in the St Lawrence river where the Formula 1 race is held
Old 12-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #29
Dizo is on a distinguished road
Name: Oliver
Dizo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh , Canada

Hahaha my thoughts exactly.

So you wanna go to Canada, eh? Well then. Better plan more than a week. You could spend at least a week in and around the island with OZ-T, and it's a pin-prick.

If you're looking for scenic wheeling in the summer, the west coast is full of old logging roads to beautiful scenery. The Kootenays (someone already mentioned Banff - getting close) are best in the early spring or fall, and you'll encounter too many protected parks and closed logging roads to get much wheeling done if you venture into the rockies (Banff, Jasper, Lake Louise).

Or you can head for the true north and try out Inuvik in the summer, but that's a good week in itself from the west side of the boarder. It's nice to get up to the Arctic circle at least once in your life though.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #31
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
also plain at least one really good day of driving each way so 2 days of driving. unless you drive and stop somewhere, than plain more days.

I know from me to my family close to buffalo NY it is 655 miles or so and with 1 maybe 2 stops for gas and food,(i’d say 2 stops since you have the drag from the RTT, i usally can make it on 2 tanks but have to get gas really soon) it takes a good 10.5h hours longer if you hit rain or bad traffic or a wreck. also depends on speed.

I have made it in 10h 15m but that was driving all night, and only stopping for gas when we needed it, no rush hour traffic and no bad weather of any kind.(no rain or snow) I’d plain 2 weeks for the trip, with all the driving just to get where you want to.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:43 AM   #32
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
also plain at least one really good day of driving each way so 2 days of driving. unless you drive and stop somewhere, than plain more days.

I know from me to my family close to buffalo NY it is 655 miles or so and with 1 maybe 2 stops for gas and food,(id say 2 stops since you have the drag from the RTT, i usally can make it on 2 tanks but have to get gas really soon) it takes a good 10.5h hours longer if you hit rain or bad traffic or a wreck. also depends on speed.

I have made it in 10h 15m but that was driving all night, and only stopping for gas when we needed it, no rush hour traffic and no bad weather of any kind.(no rain or snow) Id plain 2 weeks for the trip, with all the driving just to get where you want to.

Yeah im dedicating at least 14 days +/- 21 days to the trip.
Old 12-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #33
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah im dedicating at least 14 days +/- 21 days to the trip.
yeah seams like a much better idea than a week.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #34
humrick is on a distinguished road
Air Force: USAFA
humrick's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at the San Juan Mtns in SW Colorado. the primary towns to put on the schedule would be Telluride and Ouray. The jeep trails over the mtns there are magnificent. I've lived and travelled in CA, MT, Idaho and the San Juans are amongst the top.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #35
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by humrick View Post
Take a look at the San Juan Mtns in SW Colorado. the primary towns to put on the schedule would be Telluride and Ouray. The jeep trails over the mtns there are magnificent. I've lived and travelled in CA, MT, Idaho and the San Juans are amongst the top.
Hmm, i still havent really nailed down where i want to go... Canada sounds sweet but the west for me, is uncharted territory.<:
Old 12-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #37
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Ill def make sure i get a couple fishing rods

I still need to come up with a packing list once i come up with a budget, #of days i plan on spending among other things.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:16 PM   #38
east is on a distinguished road
east's Tacoma Gallery
If your coming up into North Carolina you might look at going to the Outer Banks for several days, I have been up there before and it's totally awesome. It has been a long time since I have been up there but it was 4 wheel drive heaven up there. We even camped out right on the beach and the fishing and surfing was really good. You would have to call up there and check it out. You could take 17 n and take the ferry or drive all the way there. It is 5 hours north of Wilmington,N.C.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:22 PM   #39
SteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSteveO86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ground Radar Systems Craftsman
Name: Steve
SteveO86's Tacoma Gallery
Road trip to Canada sounds amazing! I'm going to be headed home for about 30 days in August, and while I'm there I'm thinking about loading the pup and some camping gear into the truck and take a 7 - 10 day to road trip out to Salt Lake City from my parents place in Georgia, visiting some old friends along the way. I think road trips are underrated!
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #40
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Cam, come to Louisiana!