Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

MTgirl's Yellowstone and Grand Teton travel thread

Old 06-11-2014, 05:50 AM   #181
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Hope your defensive driving skills are top notch! Never know when the RV/car in front of you is going to stop dead in the middle of the road and 12 tourists pile out, leaving the doors open, so that they can take a picture of a buffalo 800 yards away.
thanks for the heads up. i'll be sure to keep that at the front of my mind.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #183
tanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtanner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tanner's Tacoma Gallery
Just found this thread. Best one on this page, by far. And I've only been reading for two minutes.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:55 AM   #184
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, its summer in MT

Beartooth Pass closed

Beartooth Pass has been closed from Vista point on the Montana side, to Long Lake on the Wyoming side, due to falling snow on top of the pass with high winds creating blowing and drifting conditions.
Travelers on the Montana side will need to turn around at Vista Point and come back down to Red Lodge.
Travelers on the Wyoming side will be turned around at Long Lake.
Updates will occur as they are received. Montana Department of Transportation and the National Park Service are both up on the pass plowing, but it is drifting as soon as they go through with their plows, according to a press release.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #185
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yep, its summer in MT

Beartooth Pass closed

Beartooth Pass has been closed from Vista point on the Montana side, to Long Lake on the Wyoming side, due to falling snow on top of the pass with high winds creating blowing and drifting conditions.
Travelers on the Montana side will need to turn around at Vista Point and come back down to Red Lodge.
Travelers on the Wyoming side will be turned around at Long Lake.
Updates will occur as they are received. Montana Department of Transportation and the National Park Service are both up on the pass plowing, but it is drifting as soon as they go through with their plows, according to a press release.
falling snow? It's summer!
Old 06-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #186
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachito View Post
falling snow? It's summer!
Yup. A lot of the Beartooth is over 10k feet so there is snow on the ground almost all year round. Sometimes there's a little storm that adds to it.
Most of the mountains across the state have gotten fresh snow in the last week. Been a little chilly lately
Old 06-19-2014, 08:22 AM   #187
Chief Pal Guy
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yup. A lot of the Beartooth is over 10k feet so there is snow on the ground almost all year round. Sometimes there's a little storm that adds to it.
Most of the mountains across the state have gotten fresh snow in the last week. Been a little chilly lately
Snow? But, but .... It's Summer.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:00 PM   #190
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That does it!!! I need to retire, sell my house, buy a camper and go visit all the national parks
Old 06-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #191

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
That does it!!! I need to retire, sell my house, buy a camper and go visit all the national parks
That's MY plan! I want to retire, get a nice RV and hit the road and all of the parks in one marathon road trip
Old 06-29-2014, 07:39 PM   #192
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
do it!
Old 06-30-2014, 08:35 AM   #193

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
do it!
I will! I just got a few more decades to work first
Old 06-30-2014, 08:55 AM   #194
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
I have relatives that live in MT, this thread makes me think I really need to go visit them and have a decent road trip along the way.
Old 07-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #196
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Getting excited! Only a month away before I take the taco out. 4 days @ Yellowstone and 3 at Glacier. So pumped!
Old 07-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #197

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakyn View Post
I have relatives that live in MT, this thread makes me think I really need to go visit them and have a decent road trip along the way.
Do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Thanks for this great guide
Just wanted to share with my fellow Taco peeps my love of the parks and hope that they have the chance to see it and enjoy it first hand too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Getting excited! Only a month away before I take the taco out. 4 days @ Yellowstone and 3 at Glacier. So pumped!
...AND...?!?!? Camping? Hiking?

In Glacier I highly recommend spending lots of time on the East side - Two Medicine, Many Glacier, and check out Chief Mountain Road. Gorgeous scenery!
Old 07-08-2014, 08:16 AM   #198
Addicted to my DSLR
madisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shedmadisonsfinest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Patrol Officer
madisonsfinest's Tacoma Gallery
Cabin in Yellowstone, and lodge at Glacier. I believe it's called the Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins. I plan to do some hiking. I'll have my 5 year old daughter so we will see how much she can take.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #199

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
Cabin in Yellowstone, and lodge at Glacier. I believe it's called the Historic Tamarack Lodge and Cabins. I plan to do some hiking. I'll have my 5 year old daughter so we will see how much she can take.
Go to the grizzly/wolf center in west yellowstone - she'll love seeing the bears, wolves and birds up close. They have a program there where they allow the kids to help the staff hide food in the bear habitat. And the boardwalks in the park are probably plenty enough walking for her.
In glacier try the trail of the cedars. its a pretty mild walk on a boardwalk. swiftcurrent nature trail is a easy hike too and lots of scenery. they have ranger guided hikes up there too.