Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

MTgirl's Yellowstone and Grand Teton travel thread

Old 11-18-2013, 07:15 PM   #61
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQQSE View Post
I was hoping that would be the answer.
Daddy taught me right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2T View Post
Great thread Lisa. Very nice!!
Thanks Rich! Got any ideas where I can take Homie next summer? He's coming all the way from Pennsylvania so its gotta be good...maybe carry on this conversation in the MT thread.
Old 11-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #62
RileySB
rileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shedrileySB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Gen
rileySB's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for later reading, this is an awesome thread! Would love to get out there sometime next year now that my truck is coming around. Thanks for the info and the great resource MTgirl!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #63
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Just a quick winter update...I went snowshoeing outside of West Yellowstone last weekend and it was BEAUTIFUL! This is on the banks of the Madison River about 1 mile inside the park boundary.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #64
classic42 is on a distinguished road

classic42's Tacoma Gallery
Lisa,
Wow, your pictures are amazing. You have a great eye. I've ridden a motorcycle all over this country. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you my favorite destination is MT. On my list of great roads are #1 - BTH, very, very close second is the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP, and #3 is the CJH. I've ridden all of them numerous times. Beautiful scenery. I was in CO, the GT's and Yellowstone this past August. That trip there was a lot of smoke from the wildfires. Made my heart heavy. Your pics have convinced me the next time I head out west, it may have to be in the Tacoma instead of the bike so I can head down some of those dirt roads
you mentioned. Thanks for the pics, would love to see more.
Mike
Old 01-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #65
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AD Command & Control (C2) Retired // Civ Load Planner
Name: Rob III
MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Just a quick winter update...I went snowshoeing outside of West Yellowstone last weekend and it was BEAUTIFUL! This is on the banks of the Madison River about 1 mile inside the park boundary.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:07 PM   #66

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by classic42 View Post
Lisa,
Wow, your pictures are amazing. You have a great eye. I've ridden a motorcycle all over this country. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you my favorite destination is MT. On my list of great roads are #1 - BTH, very, very close second is the Going to the Sun Road in Glacier NP, and #3 is the CJH. I've ridden all of them numerous times. Beautiful scenery. I was in CO, the GT's and Yellowstone this past August. That trip there was a lot of smoke from the wildfires. Made my heart heavy. Your pics have convinced me the next time I head out west, it may have to be in the Tacoma instead of the bike so I can head down some of those dirt roads
you mentioned. Thanks for the pics, would love to see more.
Mike
So you'd love to take the truck through the area and I'd love to take a bike (or a convertible would do too) just to get a bit more of an unobstructed view. The backroads are nice, some scenic others not so much. But if you need a break from the tourist traffic jams they certainly do the trick!
And the smoke was horrible last summer! I got down to the Tetons and couldn't see them! But I was determined not to waste the trip so I had to get a little creative with picture opportunities...lots of close ups and less scenery.
THis is the normal view from Jenny Lake Camp

And this is what happens when there's a wildfire due west *cough, cough*

Quote:
trust me, much -er in person.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:17 PM   #67
drunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrunktaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sage
drunktaco's Tacoma Gallery
Those pics are awesome. for sure!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #68

[QUOTE=MTgirl;8086716]So you'd love to take the truck through the area and I'd love to take a bike (or a convertible would do too) just to get a bit more of an unobstructed view. The backroads are nice, some scenic others not so much. But if you need a break from the tourist traffic jams they certainly do the trick!
And the smoke was horrible last summer! I got down to the Tetons and couldn't see them! But I was determined not to waste the trip so I had to get a little creative with picture opportunities...lots of close ups and less scenery.
THis is the normal view from Jenny Lake Camp

And this is what happens when there's a wildfire due west *cough, cough*

That's what it looked like when we rode the BTH this time. The week after we were there, I saw that they closed it because of smoke.
Anytime you get a chance to ride, do it. Nothing like it. I have to admit I do get frustrated at the traffic around Yellowstone. But still well worth the trip.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #70
Lifted 'n Locked 4WD Prerunner
01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed01tacoprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
01tacoprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to 01tacoprerunner
Quote:
I have been to this exact location several times!

I would also like to add some to your tread if you do not mind? I lived out there 2 summers ago, and had some amazing adventures. Ill have to sit down and type it up sometime. And add some of the 3000+ pictures i took in a summer out there.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #71

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AR15xAR10 View Post
Sub'd i really want to go back in the next few years...
Do it! Yelly is always changing so no two trips are ever the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
I have been to this exact location several times!

I would also like to add some to your tread if you do not mind? I lived out there 2 summers ago, and had some amazing adventures. Ill have to sit down and type it up sometime. And add some of the 3000+ pictures i took in a summer out there.
By all means! I love to see what other people find interesting about the park because it might be something that I've overlooked before.

Hopefully I'll have more to contribute/update here soon...been trying to plan a winter trip down there and do either a snowcoach or snowmobile trek into the park. Just waiting for the weather to cooperate a little bit
Old 03-04-2014, 12:06 PM   #72

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Just booked a snowcoach tour of the park!
I haven't been to the park in the winter since I was a kid. So excited.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #73
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir
MQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shedMQQSE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just booked a snowcoach tour of the park!
I haven't been to the park in the winter since I was a kid. So excited.
Very cool. When are you going?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:11 PM   #74

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Very cool. When are you going?
Dis weekend...so much to do! gotta make sure the camera is ready, pack some snacks, make sure my winter clothes are ready...
Old 03-04-2014, 08:37 PM   #75
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Happy for you.

Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 PM   #76
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #78
Chief Pal Guy -- NOT Sir

MQQSE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Guess I need to bring my bear spray this weekend too
http://www.kbzk.com/news/video-added...national-park/
Old 03-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #79

Pics please.