Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Plane tickets to anywhere. Where would you go?

Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #21
Jesus thinks you suck too
Frkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedFrkypunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
Frkypunk's Tacoma Gallery
I would see the Redwood forest in southern Oregon/ Northern Cali. If there is one thing people should see before they die is those trees. To be fair the whole Pacific Northwest is beautiful though. I miss living there.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Funny you say that, the guy that won them last year used them to go to New Orleans.

party pooper.

We're thinking;

Charleston, WV eww why?
Buffalo, NY-Niagara Falls could be cool
Portland, ME also why
why do you want to go east so bad haha. I dont see anything special about charleston wv. Going to ny would be fun, i agree might as well drive into canada and explore a bit.

If it were me, first thing I would do is fly to whatever ski resort was going to get hit with the biggest storm.

if thats not your thing i would go down to the southern most airport in florida and enjoy some december beach weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
X2
people who quote themselves
Old 12-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #23
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Contiguous 48 United States people... jeez

I'd use them to fly to Miami and then rent a car and go drive through the Keys.
I like this one, and would vote there. Somewhere in south Florida down to the Keys.

Granted, not part of the OP, but if I could go ANYWHERE, I would like to fly to Russia. Beautiful country there, and I have someone who would let me stay with them.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #24
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I would say go somewhere farther away from you because those tickets will be the more expensive ones. Nevada to Oregon, CA, WA are all pretty cheap I would assume, which would be much easier to front yourself (I just paid $77 for a Sacramento to San Diego flight...pretty cheap).
I agree with New York, the northeast, maybe somewhere along the Appalachian trail.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #25
Titles? We don't need no stinkin' titles.
bubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to beholdbubba353z is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
bubba353z's Tacoma Gallery
Being in the East, I'd head West - Phoenix to go to Barrett Jackson again, and then drive to Vegas for a few days before heading home.

The wife and I did this trip a number of years back and had a good time.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #26
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs.
LukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLukeBo4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: luke
LukeBo4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Tennessee and stay at a log cabin lodge in the middle of the smokey mountains or something like that
Old 12-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
All depends on what you like to see/do. If you like mountains, by all means don't come to Florida, but if you want beaches, then by all means come to Florida. Maybe NYC, DC, San Francisco, etc. There's a million different places to go within the U.S. it's all up to what you and the woman want to see.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #28
samer312 will become famous soon enough
Name: Sam
samer312's Tacoma Gallery
If it was my ticket, go right to seattle, great city and right next to Canada

In a what if scenario of an International trip, Istanbul, cannot say enough good things about it
Old 12-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #29
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
New Orleans

/Thread
I was there for 3 nights. I had a ton of fun I ate at about every good place I could find. Burbon street was a blast. Its more of a young single guys game however.

I would want to see Yellow Stone.

If your into water... Cape cod/the islands are nice. The Chesapeake is full of pig feces. I like the Keys idea or take a puddle jumper and go to Puerto Rico.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #30
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Are you gonna wait till summer?
Yes. We're thinking late May/early June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
why do you want to go east so bad haha. I dont see anything special about charleston wv. Going to ny would be fun, i agree might as well drive into canada and explore a bit.

If it were me, first thing I would do is fly to whatever ski resort was going to get hit with the biggest storm.

if thats not your thing i would go down to the southern most airport in florida and enjoy some december beach weather.

people who quote themselves
I screwed the WV up, I meant SC. Tons of history there, and I've never been to the east coast. I live half way between Tahoe and the Wasatch, if I want to go boarding I just drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I would say go somewhere farther away from you because those tickets will be the more expensive ones. Nevada to Oregon, CA, WA are all pretty cheap I would assume, which would be much easier to front yourself (I just paid $77 for a Sacramento to San Diego flight...pretty cheap).
I agree with New York, the northeast, maybe somewhere along the Appalachian trail.
I agree. I'm going to use the tickets to get somewhere I normally wouldn't go.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #31
XXXXL Member
darkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the sheddarkgreentaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

darkgreentaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes. We're thinking late May/early June.
I screwed the WV up, I meant SC. Tons of history there, and I've never been to the east coast. I live half way between Tahoe and the Wasatch, if I want to go boarding I just drive.
I agree. I'm going to use the tickets to get somewhere I normally wouldn't go.
Never been to the east coast? Sounds like it would be worth the trip for you then. Go see the Carolinas like you mentioned. Great food and great people.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #32
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I've been as far east as you can go in North America
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #33
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Funny you say that, the guy that won them last year used them to go to New Orleans.

party pooper.

We're thinking;

Charleston, SC
Buffalo, NY-Niagara Falls
Portland, ME
Charleston is pretty awesome. There is a ton of stuff to see here. And if you come anytime soon there won't be the thousands of other tourists stopping in front of you to take pictures of everything downtown
Old 12-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #34
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgreentaco View Post
Never been to the east coast? Sounds like it would be worth the trip for you then. Go see the Carolinas like you mentioned. Great food and great people.
Been all over the west, mid west, south but never actually been to the Atlantic.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #35
.<>./
capetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcapetaco12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

capetaco12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Canada doesn't count.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #36
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Been all over the west, mid west, south but never actually been to the Atlantic.

I grew up for many years in SC just outside of Charleston. A small town called Summerville. It was basically the summer vacation area for Charlstonians way back. If you like American history, you will find a lot in SC. Anything from still existing plantation homes, to Ft Sumpter, where the Civil War began. They also have a nice Naval ship museum in the Charleston area just off the main bridge. I don't know about now, but years back they had an aircraft carrier (USS York Town), as well as a submarine and a few other things there. Lots of rich history in SC for sure.

If you like beaches, and want the Atlantic, then depending on the time of year there are several options. Colder months then I suggest south Florida. Beautiful beaches and clear water. I used to scuba in the Atlantic at Ft Lauderdale. If the weather is warmer, then you have some beautiful beaches up north. Atlantic City Beach is just north of Cherry Point NC, and is very nice to visit.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 AM   #37
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
^^ you can still go on the USS York town. And yeah I live in summerville and it definitely has a lot of historic sites here. And in downtown summerville it still has that small town feel
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 AM   #38
Hillbilly
Fenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFenwick1993 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fenwick
Fenwick1993's Tacoma Gallery
KY... So I can go see my Nonnie's grave and meet all of the family I've got out there that I've never met. That's what I would do with it- go visit family.
If it were purely for pleasure, I'd probably go to Florida. It's warmer there, nuff said.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #39
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
NYC.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #40
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass View Post
Contiguous 48 United States people... jeez

I'd use them to fly to Miami and then rent a car and go drive through the Keys.
This!