Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Plane tickets to anywhere. Where would you go?

Old 12-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #41
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard1992 View Post
^^ you can still go on the USS York town. And yeah I live in summerville and it definitely has a lot of historic sites here. And in downtown summerville it still has that small town feel
I never even noticed your location! What part of Summerville do you live? I used to live in what was at the time, an affluent area, but is now pretty low-income. I wasn't very far from the high school. My brother and sister are both graduates from Summerville High. I moved to Texas after my freshman year though.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #42
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
If you insist on going East I'd go to the carolinas. Take a drive up to the blue ridge parkway in North Carolina (just so you can laugh at what they call "mountains").

The OBX are actually really cool, tons of history there too with kitty hawk.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:44 PM   #43
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
If you insist on going East I'd go to the carolinas. Take a drive up to the blue ridge parkway in North Carolina (just so you can laugh at what they call "mountains").

The OBX are actually really cool, tons of history there too with kitty hawk.
And you have what in Columbus? Lake effect? No. Anything worth a shit. No. And I'm surprised you aren't chiming in about the Wright brothers being from Ohio.
And we have highest incorporated town on the east coast.

Oh, and the highest in
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #44
Yep
buzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuzzard1992 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
buzzard1992's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
I never even noticed your location! What part of Summerville do you live? I used to live in what was at the time, an affluent area, but is now pretty low-income. I wasn't very far from the high school. My brother and sister are both graduates from Summerville High. I moved to Texas after my freshman year though.
I live fairly close to the interstate, it's nice but would like to move further into summerville when I decided to buy a house. I'm only about 10 minutes from the high school but only 5 minutes from the stadium and old high school. My mom and uncle both graduated from summerville and they are about your age. Mom is 46 and uncle is 44
Old 12-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
And you have what in Columbus? Lake effect? No. Anything worth a shit. No. And I'm surprised you aren't chiming in about the Wright brothers being from Ohio.
And we have highest incorporated town on the east coast.

Oh, and the highest in
Haha we don't even get lake effect in Columbus, you're right we have absolutely nothing. I'm from New Mexico so I'm used to the Rockies. Nothing wrong with the Appalachians, in fact the smoky mountains are awesome, just a different kind of awesome. I just figured I'd warn him because he's also used to the huge mountains out west.

That's why I recommend the Carolina's though because you can see mountains and ocean in the same day, AND get some great BBQ.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
Vaginas are rad.
Boone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Haha we don't even get lake effect in Columbus, you're right we have absolutely nothing. I'm from New Mexico so I'm used to the Rockies. Nothing wrong with the Appalachians, in fact the smoky mountains are awesome, just a different kind of awesome. I just figured I'd warn him because he's also used to the huge mountains out west.

That's why I recommend the Carolina's though because you can see mountains and ocean in the same day, AND get some great BBQ.
Well then, We agree. And I didn't mean to come across as the DB I did. After reading it, it was pretty douchey. Only made a couple trips through OH, and none of them were too eventful.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #47
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, thanks for the warning. I can look out my backdoor and see 11k' peaks, so it is quite different. I have driven from here to Kentucky so I've seen flat. Just want to see some history.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #48
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone Taco View Post
Well then, We agree. And I didn't mean to come across as the DB I did. After reading it, it was pretty douchey. Only made a couple trips through OH, and none of them were too eventful.
No problem, everyone in Ohio knows it's one of the worst states. Luckily I travel a lot for work so I can deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Haha, thanks for the warning. I can look out my backdoor and see 11k' peaks, so it is quite different. I have driven from here to Kentucky so I've seen flat. Just want to see some history.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:49 AM   #49
Hawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant futureHawksdenn2 has a brilliant future

Firefighter:
Hawksdenn2's Tacoma Gallery
Since I already live in Florida I'm biased, but.... Your in NV? I would go as Far East as you can, the keys are really awesome warm and fun. And one of its touristy things has the southernmost point in the us. I love the keys drive down all the time.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #50
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
Boston, Mass.

Lots of early American history there. If you're going in May/June, the weather will be nice.

Congrats on winning the tickets.