Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Cross Country Adventure

Old 01-08-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Cross Country Adventure

I will be leaving the great state of Florida tomorrow to head back to school in Wyoming. I will update this thread when I am able to while traveling.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks man.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Be safe brother.

How many days you plan on driving? Do you have any pre-planned stops or things to see/do along the way?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #5
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D View Post
Be safe brother.

How many days you plan on driving? Do you have any pre-planned stops or things to see/do along the way?

I plan on driving about 2 and a half. I leave Florida tomorrow and I will stop in Memphis to pick up my cousin and stay the night. Leave Memphis Friday and power all the way to Denver and stay with some family there. Then Saturday drop my cousin off in boulder Colorado and then head to Laramie.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Cool cool. I'll be in Memphis tomorrow night WORKING (can't wait for that).

Weather is looking like possible freezing rain until about noon.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:38 AM   #7
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
Cool cool. I'll be in Memphis tomorrow night WORKING (can't wait for that).

Weather is looking like possible freezing rain until about noon.

That's cool.

I am rolling out now. Memphis in 8.5 hrs
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbing... I really like these threads.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:26 PM   #9
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
Subbing... I really like these threads.

Thanks.

I will be posting pictures tonight when I stop for the night.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #10

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Thanks.

I will be posting pictures tonight when I stop for the night.
Did ya make it?

Looks like the freezing rain was gone early. What area of Memphis are you staying?
Old 01-10-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
Did ya make it?

Looks like the freezing rain was gone early. What area of Memphis are you staying?
I made it. Computer died last night and I didn't feel like finding my charger in my packing. I didn't hit any freezing rain on the way to memphis. I think I stayed in the southwestern area of memphis on Harbert street.

I have since now made it to Hays Kansas for the night. Hit a small snow storm between Wichita and Hays but noting major.

I have also now realized that a supercharger is 100% necessary on the 4 banger to go up the slightest incline loaded up.

The final push will begin tomorrow and I should arrive in Laramie WY in the mid afternoon.

P.S. I am loading some pics to the computer and will post within 30 min.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 PM   #12
The Sailing Memebr

Here is a picture of my pizza I ate in memphis at a restaurant call Bosco's. It had Italian sausage, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.

First fill up. Pulled out a whooping 16.7 mpgs

My cousins pugs

I did see one license plate that I was unable to get a picture of because of the lighting and driving alone but it read " RIDIN D". It was an older lady and it made me bust out laughing to see that.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:35 PM   #13

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Bosco's is good for some beer too.

The license plate is killing me.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:43 PM   #14
The Sailing Memebr

Quote:
Bosco's is good for some beer too.

The license plate is killing me.
I tried to get a picture but it kept reflecting light so all I got was glare.

At bosco's we sat right at the pizza oven so I got to see them make all of the wood fire oven stuff. I have heard that they have good beer but being 20 I wasn't able to taste it.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 PM   #15

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Haha right on the 20.

You up there for the semester? I'll be headed back to your home land in a month or so to give it another shot.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #16
The Sailing Memebr

Yeah I am up for the semester.

You gonna go to that same place on the beach or try something else? Just watch for the snowbirds when you do go. They are swarming right now.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #17

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders99 View Post
Yeah I am up for the semester.

You gonna go to that same place on the beach or try something else? Just watch for the snowbirds when you do go. They are swarming right now.
I'm thinking the same place. It worked well for the rents.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:10 PM   #18
The Sailing Memebr

I made it to my new home earlier today and am settling in.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:28 PM   #19
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
And only three pictures??
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #20

Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
It was only thousands of miles with two overnights....

I can take 15 pics driving down my drive.