My wife is turning 30 in September and we want to plan a trip to Las Vegas, NV. We both have never been and would like to experience it and what it uniquely has to offer.
She is a teacher and has Columbus Day off, which is October 13th. We plan on flying from Houston, Texas to Las Vegas, NV on October 10th (Friday) and leaving 13th (Monday).
We have mentioned it to several family members and friends, some who want to join on their own dime. At this time, those who show interest include: my parents, her parents, my brother and sister, and three other couples, plus our two year old son. All together, that's fourteen (14) people.
Since i've never been, i'll list my criteria, and things i'd like to do. If you've been, please share what else i should do or where to stay or avoid.
- We'd like to stay at a uniquely Las Vegas hotel/casino
- We have a budget of ~$150/night for room
- I'd like to visit the Hoover Dam
- We'd like to see a show (Cirque du Soleil, something along that line)
- I'd like to have an Exotic Car Driving Experience
- We want to gamble
- We want to visit the Strip (people watch, visit hotels, fountains, etc)
- Have a birthday dinner with all 14 people (budget friendly)
- We'd like to hang out at a pool (weather permitting)
So, with those criteria listed, where would you recommend staying, and what else would you encourage me to visit or do?