Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Fishing trip

Old 02-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
Jferrill84 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Jferrill84's Tacoma Gallery
Fishing trip

So I am beginning the process of planning a fishing trip. Looking for offshore fishing ideas. Looking for the big fish. Been looking at Bahamas and Costa Rica. Have anyone done any awesome fishing? Any ideas ?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
I've done deep sea fishing off the Florida Keys, Destin Florida & Cancun Mexico. Only place I've done what I consider "off shore" where I was going for larger game fish was Destin. Lots of info on line. I'm really into deep sea fishing & couldn't be more happy with any of the places I've been but, Destin is my pick.

Of shore will require more cash as a longer ride is needed to get to you spot. It's not cheap entertainment but worth every penny.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #3
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Are bonito fish big? - Sorry made me think of Step Brothers

Sounds like fun and frankly I'm jealous. I've got no advice to offer.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Kyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant futureKyle Butler has a brilliant future

Kyle Butler's Tacoma Gallery
Just go to Hatteras for giant bluefin. There are people who travel across the globe to participate in that fishery.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vAZx1k0YEBg

Worst part about traveling far to fish is that the weather is unpredictable, and that's a major factor when heading offshore. Sucks planning a trip for months just to get blown out.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #5
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winker View Post
Are bonito fish big? - Sorry made me think of Step Brothers

Sounds like fun and frankly I'm jealous. I've got no advice to offer.
Dammit Dale!!!!

Don't blame Dale for ruining the story and possibly the entire evening.

I love to fish. Don't ruke out the Northeast for offshore. I agree with the Hatteras suggestion but NJ/Long Island has some incredible fishing.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #6
Keyboard commander
CohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCohbsTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
CohbsTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i went to the grand cayman islands last summer, great trip caught a few barracudas and a few other types not sure what they were called, all in all good experience and cool place!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:43 PM   #7
Jferrill84 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Jferrill84's Tacoma Gallery
I've been to key west. I'm going to Daytona next week for the races. So hopefully get some fishing done also. I love fishing the big stuff. I've caught one marlin. Took forever to reel in. Actually tore muscles during that.