Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

**Chamyota's Official Travel Thread:The Trip to Canada And Back**

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2014, 06:48 AM   #41
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
At 2100 miles I don't think he'll be making it to western Canada.
no way.. Im going to the Montreal Area for a couple days and maybe i'll do some xplorin' depending on fuel costs at the time, if i have space for a trip further out, i'll drive.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #42
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i've been toying with the idea of a route that takes me through some scenic/nice places.. is there a website thats good for that sorta thing?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:50 PM   #43
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I just use google earth. Id be interested in what other people use though...
Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #44
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
When are you going to be in Montreal ?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #45
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
When are you going to be in Montreal ?
uhhh i don't really have an idea really, I plan on making stops along the way for a day or 2 seeing the area, exploring that sorta thing, I'm thinking near the end with around 5 days to spare maybe.. 3 days there and spend 2 coming back home.

It'll be near the end of June for a ball park answer.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 PM   #46
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post
uhhh i don't really have an idea really, I plan on making stops along the way for a day or 2 seeing the area, exploring that sorta thing, I'm thinking near the end with around 5 days to spare maybe.. 3 days there and spend 2 coming back home.

It'll be near the end of June for a ball park answer.

I'll be there in the beginning of June
Old 03-05-2014, 08:06 PM   #47
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Good stuff. We are flying out west and rafting down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon for 16 days.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #48
TuckGraham is on a distinguished road

Name: Tuck Graham
TuckGraham's Tacoma Gallery
Any camping needs, go here i work here and they really do make the best of the best for camping. Its all super light and holds up real well. I would suggest a chair, cot, bag and pad combo. they work super well together!! https://www.bigagnes.com/
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #49
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
With the Frenchies??
Old 03-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #50

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by medic2230 View Post
With the Frenchies??

I like Montreal , especially Old Montreal
Old 03-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #51
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Def map out the stuff you want to see so you'll have a rough schedule that allows for flex. Sounds like you'll be ready and prepared!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #52
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Darn, gonna miss the OZ. Awh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Good stuff. We are flying out west and rafting down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon for 16 days.
Damn that should be fun, make sure to make a thread for that and plenty of picsss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckGraham View Post
Any camping needs, go here i work here and they really do make the best of the best for camping. Its all super light and holds up real well. I would suggest a chair, cot, bag and pad combo. they work super well together!! https://www.bigagnes.com/
I'll look through the site, thanks mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Def map out the stuff you want to see so you'll have a rough schedule that allows for flex. Sounds like you'll be ready and prepared!
Im trying..
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #53
Kailey Jo will become famous soon enoughKailey Jo will become famous soon enough

Name: Liam
Kailey Jo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Sorry...but you are wrong. Having air between you will act as a "radiator" and you'll lose body heat. A closed cell foam pad is best, and you can even get them with foil reflectors so it'll retain the body heat you've lost. (Think of overpasses, they freeze before the road because of no insulation below and air movement...)

If you insist on an inflatable ground pad, check out Nemo Equipment's Cosmo pad.
http://www.nemoequipment.com/product...illowtop+1P+SE
Not quite, with an air matress/pad, the air doesn't cirulate below you, so the "bridge effect" won't happen.

An air pad, foamy, bubble wrap, cardboard, pine bows, snow, anything that can trap an insulating pocket of air below you, will decrease conduction between you and the ground.

In my experience, the less material between you and the ground, the warmer you will be (that is to say, the more material connecting you and the ground, the more heat can conduct to the ground)

This is gathered on data from lying on the ground (various types) dressed from basic clothing, all the way up to double ranger blanket, inside a double sleeping bag, inside a bivie bag, with a sleeping hood and a toque. Temperatures ranging from -55*C to 45*C (-67 to 113 American Degrees)

But during the June-July time frame, you're pad purchase should be based on comfort, not thermal values.

Quote:
no way.. Im going to the Montreal Area for a couple days and maybe i'll do some xplorin' depending on fuel costs at the time, if i have space for a trip further out, i'll drive.
As a warning, Quebec gas prices are usually 20c/L pricier than most provinces, and Montreal another 20c/L on top of that.
($1.45/L means a $100 fill up)

Metro passes are cheap, and if the stars align my posting manager will have me in that beautiful french city by then.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 PM   #54
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailey Jo View Post
Not quite, with an air matress/pad, the air doesn't cirulate below you, so the "bridge effect" won't happen.

An air pad, foamy, bubble wrap, cardboard, pine bows, snow, anything that can trap an insulating pocket of air below you, will decrease conduction between you and the ground.

In my experience, the less material between you and the ground, the warmer you will be (that is to say, the more material connecting you and the ground, the more heat can conduct to the ground)

This is gathered on data from lying on the ground (various types) dressed from basic clothing, all the way up to double ranger blanket, inside a double sleeping bag, inside a bivie bag, with a sleeping hood and a toque. Temperatures ranging from -55*C to 45*C (-67 to 113 American Degrees)

But during the June-July time frame, you're pad purchase should be based on comfort, not thermal values.

As a warning, Quebec gas prices are usually 20c/L pricier than most provinces, and Montreal another 20c/L on top of that.
($1.45/L means a $100 fill up)

Metro passes are cheap, and if the stars align my posting manager will have me in that beautiful french city by then.

100$ fill up? ... o.o looks like i won't be doing much driving, if the metro is better that's what i'll take.

As far as the mat, I'm just going to get an anti condensation mat so i don't wet the bed of the RTT lol.

Hopefully the stars align and i can get a grand tour of the area.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #55

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
**Chamyota's Official Travel Thread:The Trip to Canada And Back**

Quote:
Darn, gonna miss the OZ. Awh well.

I'll be at the race track the whole time anyway
Old 03-06-2014, 09:04 PM   #56
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Racist?

In any case, idk what i'll be looking for when i get there, i want to club obviously(18 is the drinking age) and after that, idk what is there to see in Montreal?
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #57
AKA Crash Bandicoot

http://www.buylci.com/ItemDisplayF.a...&ItemID=906396

Ordered 2 water cans from the site, water is now not a priority anymore @ 50$/shipped why not.

Now to get my hands on some scepter MFC's...
Old 03-10-2014, 05:58 PM   #58
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Ill be heading out for a little over a week this weekend. Ill post what I actually take and that should give you a idea of how little I pack for my trips .
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 PM   #59
AKA Crash Bandicoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
Ill be heading out for a little over a week this weekend. Ill post what I actually take and that should give you a idea of how little I pack for my trips .
I like to be over prepared. At OSUT, i packed my ruck like a damn hurricane wass gonna blow through, did i need a lot of it? Not really but I'm glad i did just in case it got stupid
Old 03-10-2014, 07:04 PM   #60
Haha in the army I only over packed on water and socks. Screw carrying extra weight. I was a mortar though so when it came time to hump up a mountain it meant I had to carry the m4 + standard combat load + 60mm mortar + 3-4 60mm rounds as well. I carried around 90lbs on average. Suckfest.

I didn't pack enough water one time and sat on my camel back hose the second day out and lost all my water I had left. I never knew how real dehydration felt until that day. Everyone was dry though. It was awful. I really thought I was going to fall victim to the heat

Now days I just pack enough water still. Food I can find if need be. Clothes don't bother me much. You really don't use a lot when out camping so the less you take the less you have to deal with.

Products Discussed in this Thread