Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

So, F#%K Yosemite thread!!!

Old 03-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery

Got up early and tried to reserve a campsite for my son and I on Saturday. All registered with recreation.gov and selected a site prior to 0700 15Mar. 0700:00 I click reserve and boom!!! Shit's already reserved! I scramble to grab another site at north pines only to watch them disappear. To that... I say fuck you yosemite! Guess it'll be a national park I won't be visiting, solely on principal now.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery

Is it uncommon for parks to be full ?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #3
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Boo!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #4
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm confused... You're mad at the parks because you didn't reserve in time?
Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Is it uncommon for parks to be full ?
For Yosemite reservations are made 5 months out. Basically for the July 15th-August 14th timeframe the reservation window opened on Mar 15th at 7am pst. For the campsites within Yosemite you have to have a reservation. Apparently you have to be a badass Sierra club ninja to snag a site the mere second the are opened up for reservations.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #6
The TW 1%
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
I'm confused... You're mad at the parks because you didn't reserve in time?
By in time you mean milliseconds then yeah... I'm a bit pissed.

It's like waiting in line for tickets to one of your favorite bands. You're there on time waiting. At 7am they open up the ticket window and you're there at the window and they tell you the concerts already sold out.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #7
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
This is funny.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:49 PM   #8
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeRunner View Post
For Yosemite reservations are made 5 months out. Basically for the July 15th-August 14th timeframe the reservation window opened on Mar 15th at 7am pst. For the campsites within Yosemite you have to have a reservation. Apparently you have to be a badass Sierra club ninja to snag a site the mere second the are opened up for reservations.
Its like the last 3 seconds of a auction.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:50 PM   #9
4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough4x4runner2002 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Zach
4x4runner2002's Tacoma Gallery
you could camp at bass lake up there by Yosemite and drive into the park for the day to see it.
its a nice place to camp, lots of pine trees and there is a good amount of offroading in the area.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #10
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
Sequoia is like that too, but I though reservations are 6 months out, not 5.

And I agree, I've tried many times to time to reserve the morning I can get a spot 6 months in advance, sure enough all good spots are already taken.

I think what happens is somebody is buying large number of days prior to my dates (that extend past my dates), so even though I try to reserve 6 months in advance, someboday already reserved my days a week earlier.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:01 AM   #11
T Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shedT Fades is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T Fades's Tacoma Gallery
And I agree, that Bass Lake is a good spot. Can get crowded during the summer though.