Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Backpacking in Europe

Old 04-28-2014, 05:54 PM   #1
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Backpacking in Europe

So my little brother and I are thinking about going to Europe for 2ish weeks this summer or early fall. Our mom works for the airlines so flights are pretty covered. We both have passports and have done traveling before but not to Europe. Any suggestions on where to go, Places to stay and budget? I personally not against camping at day or two in a really nice scenic area.

Thanks,

Alex
Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
I really liked Switzerland when we went, haven't been many places in Europe but Switzerland was the best place, Netherlands was the 2nd best place.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
          
skygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shedskygear is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skygear's Tacoma Gallery
Italy stay in hostels.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
What are your interest Alex?

I've traveled in the EU a lot having family born, rasied and still living there and I like many parts for different reasons.

You into the out doors, history, art, WWII... With just two weeks you can see a lot with a rail pass but, there's way too much to see in in just two weeks too.

That said, I can't remember the last time I actually had a plan when I went on vacation and those have been great vacations.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #5
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Switzerland, I went there for a week this past Christmas, I'd move there in a heartbeat. The exchange rate is not bad but the cost of living is extremely high. Por ejamplo - McDonald's cost 60$ USD for me, wife and kid.

Germany, lots to do and average costs, you could stay in hostels for dirt cheap.

France, Paris - overall was a shit hole and I had a miserable 5 days there.

I currently live in England so if you want any advice about places to go around here let me know.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:05 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input everyone.

One of my questions is what did you guys take with you? How much clothing? How much other things? Type of bag you used?
Old 05-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
Zoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shedZoot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Zoot's Tacoma Gallery
Recommend this for charging phone/camera, depending on the country and area you stay in they will have different plugs. Picked one up at a gift shop for 15 CH in Switzerland.

http://www.go-travelproducts.com/ada...ldwide-adaptor
Old 05-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #8
Flowin is on a distinguished road
Flowin's Tacoma Gallery
Used to live there didn't like it...now I work for a Swiss based global company and will travel there next week again for the 4th time this year . Depends how old you are...you could spend 2 weeks in Amsterdam alone.

Spain is cheap and fun, Germany...is OK, Switzerland nice but expensive, Austria is nice too, southern France has nice spots but can be pricey

It all depends!