Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

New Orleans to San Francisco trip - need ideas

Old 06-10-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
New Orleans to San Francisco trip - need ideas

From July 18th to August 3rd, I'm taking my sons camping for 2 weeks from New Orleans to San Francisco. I really want to go on some hiking and driving trails though, and I know many of you guys know the non touristy areas. PLEASE HELP so I can make this memorable for my kids! My Taco is 4x4, lifted, and 33s so it can handle some offroading.

- So far we're gonna visit Carlsbad Caverns and see the bat flight.
- Then we're thinking of hitting White Sands, NM and maybe go see the missile museum.
- Then Meteor Crater in Winslow, Az
- The Grand Canyon
- Death Valley
- Yosemite Falls
- Alcatraz tour
- Maybe zipline the redwoods in Santa Cruz if i can get my son to gain some weight by then.
- Pacific Coast Hwy all the way down to San Diego and visit my old training depot: MCRD
- Ocotillo Wells SVRA, Ca and Sandstone Canyon, Ana Borrego

Anything in between, let me know, and if you want to join and show us around, even better! I'll return the favor if you decide you want to get to know New Orleans. Might even have a couch for ya to lay your head.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
Trachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrachito is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Trachito's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-29-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
OnTheTrail is on a distinguished road
OnTheTrail's Tacoma Gallery
Add sequoia national park as a stop between death valley and Yosemite.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
time white sands with a full moon. they used to allow night visits. super bright..eerily bright at night with a full moon. you could practically read a book. i'd google it to see if they still do it.

carlsbad..you gotta get into a cave. even the main walking tour is kickass.

you are NOT going to want to take the coast highway from SF to SD. it is awesome for about 10 miles..and then you will want to scream, cut across the dry agriculture land, hit a flat, straight highway and gun it to your destination. believe me..it gets old fast. very old.

and if you want to camp in california..you might need reservations. they fill up FAST!

ADD Hueco Tanks. one of the premier rock formation areas..near carlsbad, on the way back to el paso. super cool. not sure if they allow camping anymore. probably. rock climbers decend on that area.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #5
kigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to beholdkigmob is a splendid one to behold

Name: James
kigmob's Tacoma Gallery
I am from New Orleans as well and would LOVE to go on a trip like this. I may need to plan out one of these in the future.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
ระดับอาวุโส สมาชิกอาวุโส
dYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the sheddYL0n is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dyl0n
dYL0n's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.pismobeach.org