From July 18th to August 3rd, I'm taking my sons camping for 2 weeks from New Orleans to San Francisco. I really want to go on some hiking and driving trails though, and I know many of you guys know the non touristy areas. PLEASE HELP so I can make this memorable for my kids! My Taco is 4x4, lifted, and 33s so it can handle some offroading.
- So far we're gonna visit Carlsbad Caverns and see the bat flight.
- Then we're thinking of hitting White Sands, NM and maybe go see the missile museum.
- Then Meteor Crater in Winslow, Az
- The Grand Canyon
- Death Valley
- Yosemite Falls
- Alcatraz tour
- Maybe zipline the redwoods in Santa Cruz if i can get my son to gain some weight by then.
- Pacific Coast Hwy all the way down to San Diego and visit my old training depot: MCRD
- Ocotillo Wells SVRA, Ca and Sandstone Canyon, Ana Borrego
Anything in between, let me know, and if you want to join and show us around, even better! I'll return the favor if you decide you want to get to know New Orleans. Might even have a couch for ya to lay your head.