Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Out West with the Tacoma!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Smile Out West with the Tacoma!

My dad bought a 1959 Triumph TR-10 in Des Moines, Iowa a few weeks ago, so I volunteered to drive the Tacoma. It was an interesting experience, almost 3000 miles in just five days, and half of that was pulling the car back to Jacksonville, FL. We went through the following states...Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, North Carolina and South Carolina... oh, and Florida . Here are the pictures:

I believe this was the Tennessee River...

Rained a ton

Bill Elliott's trailer at a Holiday Inn Express in Clarksville, TN.

Pappy's in St. Louis... very good!

Flexing at the U-Haul place...

The truck didn't drop too bad with the trailer.

1959 Triumph TR-10 to go with Dad's TR-3 and Morgan.

Probably my favorite picture!

Showing a little drop in the back...

On the way home through Tennessee and North Carolina mountains.

Finally home!

The Taco only suffered two "injuries", both within 1/2 mile of each other in St. Louis, a broken windshield and paint taken off the driver's side rear door, both from rocks. Overall I was VERY impressed with the Tacoma, considering it was pulling the trailer with a car, four adults, and all of our luggage. Hope you all enjoyed the pictures!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #3
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pictures... and a sweet little Triumph!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #4
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
Yeah, only 20-25 of this style Triumph are known to still exist. We had plenty of people ask about it on the way home! I was pretty upset about the damage, but it could have been worse... at least my satoshi grille held up!