1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Things to do in Boston

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Taco-NB, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB [OP] MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Going to a conference in Boston tomorrow. Driving down in my wife's '09 Rav4.

Any suggestions for must do or must see things while I'm down there for a few days?

Cheers.

2. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:06 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    go to a restaurant called Marco in the North End...awesome Italian food. then out in the bars near Fanuel Hall. Boston is a fun city, not too big like NYC but full of history.

3. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:12 PM
    FearNothing321

FearNothing321 You gonna eat that taco?

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Audi S3
  4. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:15 PM
    mountainwolfpup

mountainwolfpup Ford Guy (Formerly known as a Toyota Guy)

Member:
    Vancouver, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5l Eco
    First month of ownership... This month I'm removing front air dam, and also Rhino lining the bed.
    Well, there is so much to do in Boston, it's a young city.. lots of diverse opportunities. Depends what you're into. I can only speak for myself but my recommendations are:

Take a self guided tour of both MIT and Harvard Yard. They are literally across the street from each other and the whole scene around there is great. You can spend the whole day. At Harvard I like to visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History. When I was there they had a big display of glass flowers.. not what you're thinking actually. Pretty amazing.

Also I'd recommend a visit to the Boston MFA (Museum of Fine Arts) and/or the Institute of Contemporary Art (it's right on the South waterfront). Always worth the time.

Anyway, that's just me.. obviously I'm kinda into museums and especially art. Maybe that's not you?

Well, this URL should help point you towards whatever interests you may have...

http://www.cityofboston.gov/visitors/thingstodo.asp

So, if you get any more specific questions related to any particular venue or something then holler back. I have been visiting Boston at least once a year for a long long time.

5. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    SouthWhittierMetalWorks

SouthWhittierMetalWorks Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Whittier, CA
    Vehicle:
    98 Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Sirius Satellite Deckplate Mod
    If you're there friday night, head down to Jacob Wirth's. Its a german restaurant, though I'm not sure of its exact location, at about 8ish. Pull up a seat at the bar, order yourself a beer, (i recommend the Victory Golden Monkey if they still have it), and strap in for a GREAT night of singing with Mel, the piano man. I've been to Boston twice and gone both times, and I'd go back again to do only that, its a blast.

http://www.jacobwirth.com/pages/singalong.html

6. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    I loved going to the aquarium when I lived there.

7. Nov 18, 2009 at 8:37 PM
    Coreyjon

Coreyjon Northern Alliance: Airlift Div

Member:
    Upstate, Ny
    Vehicle:
    08 DCab 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport
    iPod Adapter, Bilstein 5100's @ 1.75" front, Wheelers 3-leaf 1.5" + overload rear (2"), custom carrier bearing drop spacers.
    I love Boston, favorite city to escape too. Fire and Ice for an interesting dinner. Soo much good food there (in Boston). Prudential center/copley square are cool places to check out if you like shopping. Have fun!!!

8. Nov 18, 2009 at 10:34 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Take a walk thru the north end. Loads of history. Find some out of the way small Italian resteraunt and have some homemade pasta and sauce. The best way to explore Boston is on foot. Enjoy!

9. Nov 20, 2009 at 9:04 AM
    Taco-NB

Taco-NB [OP] MMMMM Taco's

Member:
    New Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    '09 4X4 SR5 Access Cab V6 - Black Sand Pearl
    Thanks guys.

We went out to a little Italian restaurant call Pazzo and had Spicy Clam Linguini. It was VERY good. Then we went to a little "hole in the wall" called The Bee Hive and watched a local Jazz band until the wee hours in the morning. Drank too much beer and now I have a head ache LOL.

I think I'll go to Harvard and visit the Museum and then off to the Aquarium. It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow so I might save Haymarket for tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers.

To Top