Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

*Savannah, GA/Hilton Head, SC trip*

Old 12-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
*Savannah, GA/Hilton Head, SC trip*

Next week I will be taking my girlfriend on a small vacation. We will be staying on Hilton Head Island, and also driving into Savannah.

Are there special Christmas activities taking place during the 15th-17th? I have been to both places and know that Uncle Bubba's is a great seafood restaurant, as well as Spanky's and Huey's in Savannah...anywhere else good to eat?

Thanks for any help/advice!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #3
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah. Well I know Paula Dean has a restaurant in SAV and Robert Irvine from Dinner Impossible has a restaurant called E.A.T. on the island. Both of them are really good I hear. If you want a really nice seafood restaurant, Old Fort Pub on the island is awesome. Its about 40 bucks a plate though, but its so good. Charley's Crab is good but kinda pricey too.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Unfortunately we will most likely be taking my girlfriend's blue Tacoma, as mine doesn't get good mpg . I believe we're staying at some Holiday Inn right on the beach... close to you?
Old 12-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
Be a thinker, not a stinker
usctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedusctacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

usctacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I think theres a few Holiday inns on the island, but if I had to guess, you're probably staying in the one on the south end of the island down by coligny plaza. Anyway, Everything on the island is close. nothing is more than 15 minutes away at the most.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
I'd rather be diving than working..
UpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

UpstateTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
My wife and i used to live in Savannah, Whitemarsh Island to be exact. We got married on Tybee Island.

Our favorite place to eat is at Olympia. Its on river street right next to the big hotel on river street, the one thats close to wet willies. Also if you like to drink, Wet Willies is the Bombs!!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

We will have to check out Olympia then. We don't drink too much, but it's a vacation so I'm sure we will. I was in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day and it was good times on River St.

My family actually had one of our reunions on Tybee Island... I love it up there!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
UpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedUpstateTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
We will have to check out Olympia then. We don't drink too much, but it's a vacation so I'm sure we will. I was in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day and it was good times on River St.

My family actually had one of our reunions on Tybee Island... I love it up there!
Be sure you try the flaming cheese. I dont know what its called but they always light it up and shout opa!!! And its freaking good.... ohh man i remember when i was there for st. paddys day.. couldnt even walk, and saw a bunch of saliors get arrested... funny story.. a girl goes up and flashes the cop and hes like move along, but a dude went up and flashed the same cop and got arrested hahaha...
Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
in Savannah................river house seafood and bakery is awesome...pirates house is awesome.......moon river brewery is awesome..........lotsa good food in savannah...............and on tybee island......the crab shack is badass, as well as stingrays!!
Old 12-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
in Savannah................river house seafood and bakery is awesome...pirates house is awesome.......moon river brewery is awesome..........lotsa good food in savannah...............and on tybee island......the crab shack is badass, as well as stingrays!!
I got 2 friends that work at Crab Shack.. Best place to eat at tybee!!!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!

Thanks guys, I'll be up there starting tomorrow morning. Can't wait!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
while you are there....be sure to do a ghost tour with sixth sense savannah!!! you'll be glad ya did!