Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Tent Trailer will travel

Old 01-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #1
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Talking Tent Trailer will travel

OK, I live in the Northwest and right now the temps are back up in the 50s again and I guess that gets me thinking about Spring Break road trips down the coast and all the cool places I can go and camp in our tent trailer.

Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what other Tacoma owners take camping and where... especially tent trailers. Of course, I've spent most of my life tent camping and tent less camping out of my shell too... but marriage does things to a man I guess :-)

Here's mine. Now show me yours!

Bar View Jetty, Oregon (great beach campground about an hour from Portland)

Beacon Rock State Park, Oregon (about 15 minutes from Portland - in the scenic Columbia Gorge)

Lockett Meadow, Arizona (about 30 minutes from Flagstaff, inside the caldera of the San Francisco Peaks!)
Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
nice! my bro has the E3. but he pulls it with a diesel. i might get one like yours. super light?
Old 02-14-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Get that thing down here Dwight!!!!

Lets hit the Colorado!!
Old 02-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
I have quite a few pics as we go camping every other weekend.. but they are on the other computer.

Texas Renaissance festival 2009

Matagorda Beach

BVORR 2009 when I first got the truck..
Old 02-14-2010, 01:50 PM   #5
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
great pics Oregon is one of my favorite states for camping besides British Columbia, we don't have a tent trailer yet still tenting but I really like the tent trailers
Old 02-14-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07trd4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
07trd4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Love the pictures
Old 02-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
great pics.we camped out of a pop up for years.love them.many good stories and memories.have no camper now,got a mobile home at the beach to go to.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #8
TimS is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
TimS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwolfpup View Post
OK, I live in the Northwest and right now the temps are back up in the 50s again and I guess that gets me thinking about Spring Break road trips down the coast and all the cool places I can go and camp in our tent trailer.

Anyway, I wanted to get an idea of what other Tacoma owners take camping and where... especially tent trailers. Of course, I've spent most of my life tent camping and tent less camping out of my shell too... but marriage does things to a man I guess :-)

Here's mine. Now show me yours!

Bar View Jetty, Oregon (great beach campground about an hour from Portland)

Beacon Rock State Park, Oregon (about 15 minutes from Portland - in the scenic Columbia Gorge)

Lockett Meadow, Arizona (about 30 minutes from Flagstaff, inside the caldera of the San Francisco Peaks!)
Wow, we just grabbed a cobalt right before xmas. Can't wait to use it. What kind of racks have you got on the cobalt? Also, how are they mounted? Great pictures. Our first trip will take us to Newfoundland this early summer right after school is out. Thanks for the post.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

I really like the Starcraft pop-up campers, don't know the model. They look rugged and have room for a quad. I'm going this weekend and I cannot wait! Couldn't attach a picture, but I have a couple on my profile. Happy camping.
Attached Thumbnails
Tent Trailer will travel-lion-country-safari-59-.jpg  
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #10
JeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shedJeffRock is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JeffRock's Tacoma Gallery
I take this thing camping.

lol!
I have an old pup/tent trailer 1983 to be exact. it' paid for, but needs roof work done.
If you have a pup, check this site out!
very helpfull!
http://www.popupportal.com
Old 02-16-2010, 05:18 AM   #11
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Taco View Post
I really like the Starcraft pop-up campers, don't know the model. They look rugged and have room for a quad. I'm going this weekend and I cannot wait! Couldn't attach a picture, but I have a couple on my profile. Happy camping.
Nice Rig, what does that weigh?? Tongue weight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffRock View Post
I take this thing camping.

lol!
I have an old pup/tent trailer 1983 to be exact. it' paid for, but needs roof work done.
If you have a pup, check this site out!
very helpfull!
http://www.popupportal.com
It's all good! I frequent (or used to) Popup Explorer.. "PUX".. haven't posted there in a long time. Ever since I got hooked on TW anyways.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:26 AM   #12
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
I have quite a few pics as we go camping every other weekend.. but they are on the other computer.

Texas Renaissance festival 2009

Matagorda Beach

BVORR 2009 when I first got the truck..

Damn Sam, That's nice. I wish I could find a camper like that.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #13
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Damn Sam, That's nice. I wish I could find a camper like that.
It's actually my Second, got a great deal on it USED.

here is my first.. we took this thing everywhere!

Old 02-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #15
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...Im gonna have to find a deal on one.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #16
blazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblazze2005 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blazze2005's Tacoma Gallery
Guys I have the chance to get this 2010 forest river rockwood for $5,200 new. It has 20,000 btu furnace,heated mattress's and 3 way fridge

It's for me and the wife and our 20lb. dog

Are these good campers to start out with?

I never had a camper before...we don't need lots of room we don't have any kids just the pooch

financing will be through bank of america at 9.50% for 5 years like $106.00 a month

Des this sound like a good deal?

Thanks for any info on this forest river pop-up
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
18seeds is on a distinguished road
18seeds's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-12-2010, 05:18 AM   #18
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazze2005 View Post
Guys I have the chance to get this 2010 forest river rockwood for $5,200 new. It has 20,000 btu furnace,heated mattress's and 3 way fridge

It's for me and the wife and our 20lb. dog

Are these good campers to start out with?

I never had a camper before...we don't need lots of room we don't have any kids just the pooch

financing will be through bank of america at 9.50% for 5 years like $106.00 a month

Des this sound like a good deal?

Thanks for any info on this forest river pop-up
(one serious campers opinion) - A $3500.00 02 Coleman Sante Fe is a better pup. I started with the Flagstaff (flaggstaff/rockwood identical) in 2008.. after 9 months of serious camping, I broke a leaf and countless other things.. Traded it for an 07 Fleetwood/coleman.. Much better quality.

The heated mattresses on the Flagstaff are Kick Ass though in the cold. Coleman doesn't do that, but you can buy heated mattress pads that work great from Wally world for about 99$

Coleman has a patent on their lift, if one cable breaks the roof does NOT come slamming down. All the other brands use a GOSHEN lift..

good lift system info here: http://www.customcylindersintinc.com...ift_system.htm

and Great PUP FORUM here: http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...jXiZo_hgfYzuEw
Old 02-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
dgtacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: dg
dgtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
08 dub cab prerunner 84 coleman

ya I have a 84 sunvalley . coleman had it since 1989. still works great. pull it with my 08 double cab. like it's not there.would love to get a newer one.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Cave Lake State Park in Ely, NV is perfect for a tent trailer. I rented one and took it up there last August. Great temps and they have free hot water showers.