LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

1st Class Vs. Business Class

Old 02-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
You gonna eat your cornbread?
Possum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Possum Fat's Tacoma Gallery
1st Class Vs. Business Class

I've booked my self a 14 day bowhunting trip to Cape York in Australia. I think the outfitter told me I'd be flying from LA to Cairn, and said it'd be about a 20 hour flight.

This will probably be a once in a lifetime trip for me...so I dont mind spending some money to be comfortable. But 1st class seats to Australia is like $15K round trip. Business class tickets are around $6K.

So, whats the diffrence between business and 1st class, other than the price? I dont give a shit about getting a warm cookie, unlimited drinks and a moist towel to freshen up.

I'm just looking to be more comfortable than sitting in coach. Coach dont work for me if its longer than a 3 hour flight.

So for yall who have flown both classes, whats the diffrence?

Thanks yall!

PF
Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
International flight, you get free drinks no matter what class your in! I think you would be more than comfortable in buisness class, but you only live once, go first class !
Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
for that jump in price i wouldnt care if i rode on the landing gear!!!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ive never flown international first class but..

my dad has been to asia about 113 times now. (hes actually there now)
and he flys business and he said its amazing... HUGE chairs that lean all the way back like a bed.. flat screen tv's... so i say business class.. and save a few bucks
Old 02-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
ive never flown international first class but..

my dad has been to asia about 113 times now. (hes actually there now)
and he flys business and he said its amazing... HUGE chairs that lean all the way back like a bed.. flat screen tv's... so i say business class.. and save a few bucks
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #7
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
I pondered the same question when I had to travel alot when I first started my company. Go FIRST class. Business is alright, nice chairs and what not. But with first class, you literally have you own little personal area. Your chair folds down into a bed. You can get up and walk around whenever you want.

Its your own private quarter. There is a walk-around bar (alteast on the ones I go on) Its great. I will never go back to business or coach.

Just an opinion. Big price difference, but it makes the flight.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I flew economy/coach from LAX to Sydney, Australia back in 2006. Not too bad. I flew Quantas. I think it was like a 16 hour flight? Only shit part was I was stuck in the middle seat in the middle section. But not too bad. I flew economy/coach from Newark, NJ to the Edinburgh recently. In all honestly, it was a damn better flight compared to the Phoenix, AZ to Newark, NJ. Seats aren't nearly as small when you fly overseas. When I flew from LAX to Tokyo, I was flying Singapore Airlines and it was pretty damn nice in Economy/Coach. Those are the main flights I remember when I've gone overseas. Australia is a hell of country. Where abouts are you going?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
You gonna eat your cornbread?
Possum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shedPossum Fat is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Possum Fat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Australia is a hell of country. Where abouts are you going?
Flying to Cairns, then an 8 hour drive up into Cape York. Cape York is that little tittynipple that sticks out on the upper NE corner of the continent.

Thanks for the replys fellas!
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #10
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum Fat View Post
Flying to Cairns, then an 8 hour drive up into Cape York. Cape York is that little tittynipple that sticks out on the upper NE corner of the continent.

Thanks for the replys fellas!
Saweet! I mainly stuck to the southern half of the country when I went. Flew to Sydney. Went to Adelaide, Melbourne, Tasmania, Kangaroo Island, etc. Amazing place. I also did the great Ocean Road. A long ass drive, that was! I stayed for a month and I would go back in a heart beat. Hopefully next time around I can hit up the north half and also New Zealand.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #11
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Check your airlines website, it will tell ya all you need to know.

It varies between airlines EX: Some airlines business class seats don't lay flat while some do.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:12 AM   #12
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoNut View Post
Check your airlines website, it will tell ya all you need to know.

It varies between airlines EX: Some airlines business class seats don't lay flat while some do.
^^ Bingo.

Dont be afraid to ask for a Supervisor!
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
I've flown internationally at least a dozen times. Business class is amazing compared to economy, but don't know if i'd care for first class (considering the cost). Business gets you 90% of the way to first class, you're just missing out on a little extra personal space and maybe a bit more pampering. So how much is 9k worth to you?
Old 02-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #15
TRIFECTA!!!
swise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to beholdswise is a splendid one to behold

swise's Tacoma Gallery
Different carriers have different interior configs and features. Check ur carrier and see what they offer for 15k round trip.....there had better be a hooker and free drugs mentioned in there somewhere!