Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Ever got an international ticket?

Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 1A2 701 AS Charleston AFB, SC
Name: Dennis
C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Ever got an international ticket?

Hey all,

I was in Spain for a mission, and a couple of us guys rented a car and drove out to Gibraltar. The car was under my name, and its quite possible I was the driver (we switched halfway).

I just got a ticket in the mail for 100 EURO, hell of a ticket. Whats the deal with tickets internationally? Any way to fight it?

~Dennis
Old 03-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
WTF was the ticket for?? Speeding?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:01 PM   #3
C17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedC17Guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
WTF was the ticket for?? Speeding?

Yep ... haven't received the ticket yet, went to my house in Charlotte, its getting scanned and sent to me.

God I'm hoping I wasn't driving....
Old 03-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #4

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by notavirg View Post
I used to live in Mexico. I did an overnighter and also got pulled over by the cops for driving a stolen car. $20 American each got me off the hook for that one. It wasn't "stolen". Back when I lived there the fashion was to wear your keys slightly hanging out of your pants pocket to show off. I told my friend it was stupid and someone was going to jack his keys. I did it to prove a point...and also returned the car.

Ha ha, crazy!

Only bad thing is, the flashing american dollar next time i'm there won't do me any good, they'll just laugh.... now euro on the other hand
Old 03-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #5
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
That reminds me. I got one in Scotland about 4 years ago for speeding and I forgot to pay it. Ooops. Oh well. I dont think they will issue an international warrant for me for a speeding ticket.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:16 PM   #6
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
INTERPOL is looking for you guys!!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #7

C17Guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by notavirg View Post
Haha, very true. It doesn't help when the money you flash is weaker than whats already in their pockets.

So what happens if you don't pay? Do they stop you at customs if you ever decide to vacation in Spain?

Well, I have no need to vacation there. I fly into there at least once a month and once we land, I'm cleared automatically. Not a bad deal, but i'd honestly like to just take care of it, either reduced amount or if i have too just pay the fine. But damn.... 100 EURO!!! come on!!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I don't feel like calculating that, how much is 100 Euros worth here?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
I don't feel like calculating that, how much is 100 Euros worth here?
roughly $140
Old 03-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
A coworker and I rented a car when we were in Switzerland and Germany a couple years ago under his name. A month or two after the trip he got a letter from the rental company saying the car was ticketed while we had it (radar camera). Unfortunately, we both knew that I drove for most of the trip, especially in the area where the ticket came from.

I debated not dealing with it, but you've got not only the police but also the rental company to worry about. Since Avis isn't exactly small, I didn't want to bother to find out their legal capabilities in getting us to pay for the ticket.

Not that paying was actually easy. First I had to transcribe the ticket into babelfish or something to figure who I owed and how much. Then I had to call the local police, who somehow only had one person who spoke english and not very well. He was equally confused as to the best way for me to go about paying, but he finally got me a bank account to try and transfer money to... So multiple calls to the police, their bank, my bank... add in some international bank transfer fees. It was quite a hassle.

But if I ever get the chance to go back to Switzerland, it's nice to know that I won't have a warrant or anything to worry about.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #11
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motive View Post
roughly $140

Well that's not TOO bad. I'd just pay it. It'll be easier in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #12
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
wait till the last minute to pay. the euro is taking a beating.
Old 03-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
©1975
aaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to beholdaaronatl is a splendid one to behold

Name: Cap'n Crunch
aaronatl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by C17Guy View Post
Hey all,

I was in Spain for a mission, and a couple of us guys rented a car and drove out to Gibraltar. The car was under my name, and its quite possible I was the driver (we switched halfway).

I just got a ticket in the mail for 100 EURO, hell of a ticket. Whats the deal with tickets internationally? Any way to fight it?

~Dennis
send them a picture of some cash
just kidding....

I think they put remarks on your record, so if you try to enter
the EU again,you have to pay the fine, or you will be denied entry, and if there is
no returning flight within a resonable time, european bubba holds you
untill the next day, and then make you sign a waiver never to enter again
Old 03-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my BIL got one in italy. he paid it, thinking ITALY is much too nice of a place to not visit again. i dont remember how muchn $