Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Planning a big road trip, opinions wanted.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
sinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nicesinjun is just really nice
Name: Derek
sinjun's Tacoma Gallery
Planning a big road trip, opinions wanted.

This is kind of a follow up to a travel post I made a couple of months ago. Back they I was looking at going to Nevada with the old Tac and trailer. Unfortunately those plans have changed, now looking at going to Yellowstone.

I am coming from Calgary, AB and plan on going straight down to Yellowstone, spend a view days seeing the sights then go back up to Canada out the west side of the park and up through Couer d'lene and Sandpoint with a stop in Radium before getting back. Plan on taking 2weeks to go from Calgary to Radium.

I will be towing a 23' Cikira hybrid travel Trailer, dry is 3865, wet is 5200lbs, but should only be pulling 4700lbs.

Looking for all sorts of opinions, starting with towing experiences with Tacs and if this is too much of a trip. I have no idea how big the hills will be to get to and from Yellowstone.

Can anyone make any recommmendations on good campgounds that will take RVs on, at or along the way.

And Lastly is 2 weeks too much or not enough time to enjoy the trip.

Oh and forgot one more thing, I plan on going in June will it be too cold?

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

ps - gone are the days of just getting in the car and going, now I have to worry about the wife, kids, trailer... Responsibility sucks :-)