Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Hawaii or Bahamas?

Old 04-25-2010, 04:54 PM   #1
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii or Bahamas?

Hey guys, I recently got cought up in a scam to take a cruise to the bahamas and luckily found out it was a scam and was able to get my money back. But now I have myself and my gf excited to go on a vacation, september of this year... Basically I have AAA, and RCI accounts and plan on taking a trip in september to go either to Hawaii or Bahamas. Iv never been to either and I know if I goto the Bahamas I would need to get a passport and all that. I have never traveled out the states, my gf has been all around the world tho. I shold also note I want to take a cruise to and from where ever I decide on going.

So if any of you on here have any imput or suggestions please feel free to say something.

Looking to take a week or two off work for this trip... Not exactly sure how long a trip should be, haha.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:31 PM   #4
BrianUNC is on a distinguished road
BrianUNC's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii. If you enjoy the touristy setting, Oahu is great (we usually stay somewhere on Waikiki). If the peace and quiet, and some awesome hiking is your thing, check out Kauai.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Cancun!!! Do an all- inclusive at Moon Palace. Iv been to Hawaii, Cancun was way cheaper and way better.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM   #6
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
HAWAII, mAUI TO BE EXACT...ITS WHAT THEY CALL" THE PLACE TO BE".
Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
TIM HUS shows Nashville how it's done correctly.
cameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shedcameraperson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cameraperson ADK
cameraperson's Tacoma Gallery
obviously hawaii. the volcano at the big island and oahu.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
Hawaii will be a lot more $$$ than Bahamas, so keep that in mind. It is also far away...you need pretty much a day just to travel. From baltimore you could be in the Bahamas in less than three hours. Getting your passport is a breeze, $100, go to post office and they will guide you through it. Hawaii is amazing, the scenery is unreal. With that bein said, Bahamas is white sand, and blue water, pretty good scenery as well. Not only are accomadations and travel costs cheaper, but food and gifts are a ton cheaper in Bahamas. Taking a cruise to Hawaii would cost a small fortune, as well. Your whe two week vacation would be spent on the ocean because it would take at least that long to get there and back.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Maui, Kaplua, Kaanapali.
loved it in kaanapali
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #10
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks for the replys, looks like the bahamas is out, haha. Now Im gonna start looking for decent deals for either Hawaii or somewhere in Mexico. Seems very easy to find cruises to Hawaii, but I hear Hawaii is on the expensive side. What is a decent amount of time to take for a vacation like this?
Old 04-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Thanks for the replys, looks like the bahamas is out, haha. Now Im gonna start looking for decent deals for either Hawaii or somewhere in Mexico. Seems very easy to find cruises to Hawaii, but I hear Hawaii is on the expensive side. What is a decent amount of time to take for a vacation like this?
Puerto Vallarta was super sick too.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably a good idea to get your passport anyway.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #13
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
if you are planning to cruise i would not do hawaii. take a carribean cruise or one to cancun/cozumel. if you go to hawaii you should just stay there. i recommend the Four Seasons maui
Old 04-26-2010, 07:25 PM   #16
808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed808matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
808matt's Tacoma Gallery
pffft hawaii. i rather go to the bahamas
Old 04-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #17
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 808matt View Post
pffft hawaii. i rather go to the bahamas
yeah actually i would rather go to half moon bay and surf Mavericks

the spot that put Cali on the surfing map
Old 04-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #18
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Teahupoo!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:44 PM   #19
ride BMX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
It's probably a good idea to get your passport anyway.
Yeah, I will be getting it sometime within the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 478DblSport View Post
I'd prefer Hawaii but something to consider with the Bahamas trip is Sept. is prime hurricane season...
Another thing about Bahamas not so appealing.. Thanks for bringing that up, I didnt even think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808hawaii View Post
At least a week
I was going to take off 2 weeks from work, I will just stay with that. Im pretty sure I wont want to come back to the DC area, just gonna be more expensive to stay longer.

Still a toss up between Hawaii and Mexico, I really wanted to do a cruise, and that sounds like it would take way to long to do that to Hawaii so that makes Mexico sound better. But everyone seems have nothing but good things to say about Hawaii..
Old 04-26-2010, 07:46 PM   #20
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
on the real.

i love maui i really do.

i love mexico as well. some great surf there, great people and great food as well.