Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Cali To Colorado

Old 06-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
Cali To Colorado

So I am done with school next week and I am gonna be road tripping with a friend from nor cal all the way to good old colorado in the Tacoma. Never been out there but I have a friend living in breckenridge so I am going to go visit him. It would probably be mroe economical to get a rental car however I would prefer the comfort of my own truck.

The plan is to hit up Salt Lake in Utah, the head to Breckenridge for a couple days, Hit up Boulder and Denver for a day or two, then loop down to Colorado Springs. I may end up coming back to Cali through Arizona and hitting Vegas up for a night or two as well :-) My friends brother is shipping back out to Afghanistan for a second tour and we are gonna send him off right.

The whole reason for the trip is to just get out of Cali for awhile and I am thinking about making a move to CO if I can get a job offer somewhere out there.

Any recommendations on places to go while in CO? Any bar recommendations?

Any gas donations? I take paypal haha

Figure the trip is gonna be about 3000 miles and if I drive without a lead foot I should be able to average 18mpg.

3000/18 = 167 gallons x 3.10 a gallon = 515 bucks in gas OUCH
Old 06-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
thinking of going from the bay area to denver myself. i will go in july. have a wedding. havent RSVP'd so still to be determined.

i have done that drive. not bad. i jammed thru Utah. lemme know how much gas you actually end up using. $515 sounds about right.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Hit us CO guys up when you get out this way there is a ton of us that live in the Denver Metro area.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like a fun trip have a great time!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
SMO
SaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedSaltySteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
SaltySteve's Tacoma Gallery
I used to hit up the Dillon Dam Brewery on the way back from snowboarding. I haven't been there for about 3 years but I remember them having a great happy hour on both drinks and food. Dillon is about 15 miles north of Breck right off of I-70. There's also a great little bar (or used to be) in Breck but I can't for the life of me remember the name.
Attached Thumbnails
Cali To Colorado-dam.jpg