LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

Boundary Waters

Old 06-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
tacomaprerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Boundary Waters

I hope this is in the right category.

Last summer I went with a church group to the Boundary Waters in northern Minnesota and southern Canada.

I'm headed back in late August, this time with around 5 other family members. I'll be the youngest, at 17. The next closest in age is mid or upper twenties.

I had an incredible time last summer. We went 48 miles in 5 days. Unfortunately we caught mainly Northern Pike (not the best to eat, but hey, they're not too bad), along with a few bass, which were significantly better.

If anyone has any stories, suggestions, pictures or anything else, please share.

Mike
Old 06-09-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
brow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud ofbrow has much to be proud of

Name: Andy
brow's Tacoma Gallery
Besides the fact that I'm jealous as hell, you should have a great time. Some friends of mine just got back two weeks ago. The ice opened really early this year, it was impossibly not to limit out on northern and bass every day, very few walleye though, and an occasional lake trout. But it was some of the best fishing they've had in years up there.

I think northern are delicious, I would just suggest reading up on how to fillet them, damn y-bones will choke you to death if you do it wrong.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #3
Dang liberals.
tacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaprerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brow View Post
Besides the fact that I'm jealous as hell, you should have a great time. Some friends of mine just got back two weeks ago. The ice opened really early this year, it was impossibly not to limit out on northern and bass every day, very few walleye though, and an occasional lake trout. But it was some of the best fishing they've had in years up there.

I think northern are delicious, I would just suggest reading up on how to fillet them, damn y-bones will choke you to death if you do it wrong.
We're definitely looking for some walleye. I've never had one, but from what I've heard they're worth it.

You been before?

Here's some pictures from last time, taken with a disposable camera:

Old 08-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #4
Dang liberals.

Anyone else?