Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Travel

Notices

My tacoma went to Yosemite National Park

Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
My tacoma went to Yosemite National Park

I went on a trip with my girlfriend to yosemite and Sequoia National parks last week, just want to share some pics I took of my tacoma over there. Really nice place. The tallest water fall in the US.
What do you guys think?

Yosemite Valley

That white car messed up the picture.

Leaving stanislaus National forest, entering Yosemite National Park

At Stanislaus National Forest

At Glacier point, Yosemite.

Some road work, so we had to stop for like 30 min.

At Sequoia National Forest, Fairview campground

Old 06-13-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet! I love the scenery up there.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
i have always wanted to go there. looks beautiful. cool pics
Old 06-13-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
mr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the roughmr2crazed is a jewel in the rough

mr2crazed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
Yeah!! Its impressive!!!

Looks familar,

I was out there 4 years ago. I need to go revisit.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
thats awesome!!

but whats with the photos?
cell pics?
Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #8
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Looks so cool. How was there still that much snow though. Or were you up in the mountains.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 PM   #9
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
thats awesome!!

but whats with the photos?
cell pics?
Old Camera
Old 06-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #10
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun155 View Post
Looks so cool. How was there still that much snow though. Or were you up in the mountains.
Just up in the mountains by glacier point around 7500 ft, the valley was cool. We camped at around 6000 ft. It was kinda cold.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome man! I plan on doing the same once I get some funds saved up and some proper expedition equipment I'd installed on the Tacoma.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:57 PM   #12
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Awesome man! I plan on doing the same once I get some funds saved up and some proper expedition equipment I'd installed on the Tacoma.
You don't need that much, just a lot of gas, and willing to sleep in the forest.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #14
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cars0n` View Post
looks like a blast man. glad u liked it!
U bet, I think Yellowstone is next!! Long drive from SoCal though.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #16
fiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfiestee23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theresa
fiestee23's Tacoma Gallery
Love the outdoors. Looks beautiful. Is there bathrooms at that site?? And can you reserve or first come first serve?

I love how you got sooo many pics of the truck in there. LOL. I bet there is still more.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #17
Jedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of lightJedi7Taco is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 0621 Field Radio Operator, Cpl
Name: Josh
Jedi7Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice, I will be up there in the beginning of August. As for the campgrounds, you have to reserve them in March when they open up online, they sell out for the season in a day, crazy. Still some snow, cool, you can still snowboard at Mammoth, they should be open till the 4th, seeing how you can see Yosemite from the backside of Mammoth I would expect the snow to hang around a little longer.

I will be doing half dome, it has been about 8 years since the last time I did that hike. Can't wait
Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #18
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakso View Post
U bet, I think Yellowstone is next!! Long drive from SoCal though.
Glad to see someone takes as many pics of their truck on vacation as I do! Good to know I'm not alone...
Nice shots, definitely a trip I hope to make someday.

And my Tacoma has been to Yellowstone (& Grand Teton) several times. Spring, summer, fall, and winter...I get down there about 6 to 8 times a year.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #19
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestee23 View Post
Love the outdoors. Looks beautiful. Is there bathrooms at that site?? And can you reserve or first come first serve?

I love how you got sooo many pics of the truck in there. LOL. I bet there is still more.
There is a couple of first come first serve campgrounds at Yosemite valley, I wouldn't recommend those. The better ones are by reservation only, more secluded, bigger campsites and cleaner but like 6 or 8 months in advance though. No bathrooms, at the campgrounds. I think you can pay for a shower at the valley, I didn't take one . But we stayed one night in a hotel at fresno so I took like 3 showers there.

I got some more better quality pics, just haven't taken them in the computer.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
CeRaTi

Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi7Taco View Post
Very nice, I will be up there in the beginning of August. As for the campgrounds, you have to reserve them in March when they open up online, they sell out for the season in a day, crazy. Still some snow, cool, you can still snowboard at Mammoth, they should be open till the 4th, seeing how you can see Yosemite from the backside of Mammoth I would expect the snow to hang around a little longer.

I will be doing half dome, it has been about 8 years since the last time I did that hike. Can't wait
Yeah Half dome is sick!