1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

US 50, Carson City to Ely -- worth it?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by monrad, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Aug 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM
    monrad

monrad [OP] Coprolite

Member:
    B'wood, SC
    Vehicle:
    09 DC short box TRD Sport, TM
    Avid light bar+RBG, Lightforce 140s, fog mod, FSM badges, Bobcatoshi grille + Stampede, JDM DRLs, TRD cat-back, rear spring TSB, AccessLE
    Returning from Seattle to SC via Georgetown, CA in a couple weeks. With an extra day or two to kill, one route option is US 50 across NV to Ely. Next day would be Ely -> Rock Springs WY via West Wendover NV, SLC, Vernal UT.

Anyone with experience with US 50 across NV, please offer your observations/opinions, pro and con.

2. Aug 5, 2010 at 1:55 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
  3. Aug 5, 2010 at 2:05 PM
    upflying

upflying Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Antioch
    I drove it and loved it. If I am not in a hurry, I make a point to stay off the Interstates. Few cars, few people, gorgeous scenery and isolated small town Americana culture. Brings back memories of what America used to be like. Like time stood still.

To Top