1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Canadian road trip to US

Discussion in 'Travel' started by hedman, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Feb 4, 2011 at 9:33 AM
    hedman

hedman [OP] The Ghost

Member:
    Canada BC
    Vehicle:
    18 DBL CAB LB TRD SPORT
    Hey everyone me and my wife are planning a road trip down the to the States and i was looking for any info on must see's that are in route. We are leaving on March 2nd and will be bringing the Snowboards with us and plan on hitting the hills along the way. I tried searching the net but got a bit over whelmed with the info thats out there so any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the grammar errors in the plans they were hastily wrote and may also be confusing to some.

Starting out at the Grassmear border hwy 3/95 to Whitefish Montana taking interstate 90 to Butte Montana hwy 89 to Yellow Stone National Park to Colter Bay Wyoming to Jackson Hole

Jackson Wyoming hwy 189/191 to Rock Springs on interstate 80 to Chyenne Colorado to Denver Colorado on interstate 25

Denver Colorado on interstate 70 to hwy 191 to hwy 160 to Flagstaff Arizona to interstate 40 to Kingman Arizona to hwy 95 to the Hoover dam to Las Vegas

miles from Denver to las Vegas 749miles (this may require a pit stop along the way)

Las Vegas to hwy 95 into Death Valley National Park to hwy 90 to interstate 15 to interstate 10 to Hollywood California then off to Disney land

Disney land to hwy 101 to Santa Barbra to San Jose' Interstate 280 to San Francisco

miles from Disney land to San Francisco =409 miles

San Francisco to hwy 101 to Eureka Oregon to New Port Oregon to hwy 20 to Salem to interstate 5 to Portland to Tacoma to Seattle to interstate 90 to Spokane Washington

miles from San Francisco to Spokane =876 miles may need or want a pit stop some were in between

Spokane Washington to Coeur Da Lene to Sandpoint to hwy 95 to Bonners Ferry to Creston to Cranbrook

2. Feb 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM
    MontanaTaco

MontanaTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colter
    Relocated to Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    14 DCLB Sport
    OME lift
    Wow that will be fun! Jackson has some pretty good skiing and if you have time stop by bridger bowl here in bozeman.

3. Feb 4, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Don't know how far its 'out of your way' but you should take Rte 1 along the Coastal Highway in Cali..... its beautiful!!

4. Feb 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM
    hedman

hedman [OP] The Ghost

Member:
    Canada BC
    Vehicle:
    18 DBL CAB LB TRD SPORT
    bump

:yay: 20 days left tell my holidays start (not march 2nd that's when i leave Canada)

5. Mar 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Not to ruin your plans but Yellowstone Park is closed to vehicle traffic in the winter (usually mid-November to mid-April) to get to Jackson WY from Butte MT I would recommend taking I90 from Butte to Bozeman and then take Hwy 191 south past Big Sky (good skiing) to West Yellowstone. From there you'll want to head out on route 20 through Idaho...Island Park, Ashton and Driggs...and then you'll head into Wyoming just south of Jackson. If you do want to see Yellowstone you can rent snowmachines or take a snow coach tour.

If you want anymore feed back on the MT stretch of your trip let me know!

6. Mar 1, 2011 at 11:03 PM
    hedman

hedman [OP] The Ghost

Member:
    Canada BC
    Vehicle:
    18 DBL CAB LB TRD SPORT
    :eek: well thats always good info to know and thanks for the heads up on that i wasnt aware of the park being closed

To Top