1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trip to work

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bond, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jul 2, 2011 at 7:11 AM
    bond

bond [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    lifted 2011 TRD Sport
    All-Pro Offroad Expedition leaf springs, Walker Evans Racing shocks, ATX Artillery wheels with 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, All-Por Offroad front bumper, CBI Offraod Bushmaster rear bumper with swing away tire carrier and 2 jerry can basket and Hi-Lift jack, All-Pro skid plates, TJM X-Ray spot and driving lights, TJM 9000lbs winch, TJM on-board air compressor, Airflow snorkel, Running boards, Roof rack, Side Window Visors, Folding hard tonneau cover, Bongiovi Acoustics DPS
    I work out of Calgary, Alberta and work in the oil and gas field, which takes me all over Alberta, British Columbia and sometimes Saskatchewan. I decided to take a trip through the Canadian Rocky Mountains to get to work this time so I can get some decent photos of the Tacoma that it deserves. I thought I would share some photos of the wildlife, some stupid people taking pictures of wildlife along the way.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A quick stop at the Columbia Ice Fields to compare rides, lol. Note the black speck halfway up the glacier in the middle, that's one of the buses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

those tires are huge, 1000/50R25, lol rolling on 25" rims...at least the tires match the rims size though. I cant stand seeing trucks or SUVs with bandaids for tires

[​IMG]

Apparently it's been raining on site. The lease is full of mud and water:eek: and the lease road, which is about a kilometer long, is soft, muddy, and mostly uphill AND has up to 3 foot ruts in it due to big trucks and tankers being dragged up by the cat:D That's just getting paid for having fun there.

[​IMG]

Eventually, the rig manager had to bring in the big boy to carry the rig crew back and forth to camp, which is a couple of kilometer away. Their new crew truck, a 50K Dodge something or other :rolleyes: was getting too beat up. Here is there much older, better equipped ride. I would let them use my more than adequate truck, but it's brand new too.

[​IMG]

2. Jul 2, 2011 at 7:24 AM
    DPR921

DPR921 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Cheshire, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 4x4 2.7
    Wow! Awsome pictures man looks like fun!

3. Jul 2, 2011 at 7:32 AM
    98tacoma27

98tacoma27 is going full "SANDWICH" Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Not Beech Creek
    Vehicle:
    05 Tundra SR5 (+295k AND COUNTING), 2006 F350 King Ranch 6.0L
    Some stuff. Not a lot, just some.
  4. Jul 2, 2011 at 7:49 AM
    Rustyota

Rustyota well.....

Member:
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC long bed
    debadged, rear spring TSB, leveled with Bilstein 5100s at 1.75", Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/r16, Leer shell with Yakima rack
    Super great! I particularly love the pics of the stupid people taking pics of the wildlife. Gotta love those. Nice looking truck and really nice pics of the scenery! We're heading up that way soon and you're making me more excited!

5. Jul 2, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    NaYoung

NaYoung Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD ORDC
    Great pics. Looks straight out of a Tacoma brochure.

6. Jul 2, 2011 at 9:09 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Very cool pics! thanks for sharing!

7. Jul 2, 2011 at 9:44 AM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    :canada:

Happy Canada Day

8. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    bond

bond [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    lifted 2011 TRD Sport
    All-Pro Offroad Expedition leaf springs, Walker Evans Racing shocks, ATX Artillery wheels with 33" Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires, All-Por Offroad front bumper, CBI Offraod Bushmaster rear bumper with swing away tire carrier and 2 jerry can basket and Hi-Lift jack, All-Pro skid plates, TJM X-Ray spot and driving lights, TJM 9000lbs winch, TJM on-board air compressor, Airflow snorkel, Running boards, Roof rack, Side Window Visors, Folding hard tonneau cover, Bongiovi Acoustics DPS
    thanks for the comments guys!

I liked the one with the stupid people getting close to the cute bear too. I kept my distance and used an appropriate lens to get my shot. I wanted to keep my limbs and only run went chased. I have a feeling I could out run some of the tourist, but stll...

[​IMG]

9. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    What kind of work do you do in the oil and gas industry?

I'm a geologist in the Haynesville shale play.

10. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    phatdrew

phatdrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    drew
    dover, de
    2" lift, 17" pro comp wheels, 285x70x17 micky t's, billet grill
    I used to build The red truck you showed in the last pic!!! Great pics!

11. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM
    bond

bond [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    lifted 2011 TRD Sport
    Well-site geologist for western Canada. I work for a company that contracts geologists out to various oil companies that need someone on site to confirm which formation the rig is in, where to call TD and evaluate the target formations, etc.

I have spent the majority of the last 4 years on a shale gas project. I can now tell the difference between very fine, fine, medium and coarse silt grains, lol. I actually cant wait for a change, if look at any more silty shale or shaley siltstone I'm going to have to start drinking on site. I worked down in Utah/Colorado/Wyoming for about a year and a half back in 2004-05, which is a lot different than working on a rig up here.

Are you an office geo for an oil company?

12. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:45 PM
    bond

bond [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    lifted 2011 TRD Sport
    wow, that would be a cool job!

13. Jul 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    Nice, we do all that work via email. We have a mudlogger on site, and watch and geosteer all of our rigs remotely. I wish we had a geologist on site, it would make my on a lot easier haha.

Yes i am exploration and development geologist for a large independent oil and gas company in the US.

14. Jul 2, 2011 at 1:00 PM
    bond

bond [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    lifted 2011 TRD Sport
    I figured as much. That's the big difference between here and there...The companies pay extra money for on-site geologist instead of the cheaper mudloggers. I started out as a mudlogger off shore, than went to the states to do the geology work as a mudlogger. Eventually I said screw this, went back to Canada and made two or three times more money and half if not more less work too. I guess everyone has to start somewhere though.

I am almost done with the shale project because the wells are so concentrated. The oil and gas company is going to try mudloggers now since they have a good idea of where things are and they are trying to cut cost too. The wells are horizontal wells, so we will see how they do. You guys must do the same, since you are in shale plays. Go horizontal within the formation for about 1500m or so, then frac the hell out of it?

15. Jul 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    TexasTacoma37

Member:
    I'm pming you so we can keep this thread on topic!

To Top