1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eurotrip!!!... All Suggestions Welcomed.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by bajaracer, May 22, 2013.

1. May 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    bajaracer

bajaracer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    05 PRERUNNER DBLCAB SPORT 4.0
    AEM DRY BRUTE FORCE, FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES, 285/70/17 BFG'S AT KO2'S MOTO METALS 17X8 885's with 5100's LOUD STEREO
    Im finally going to make it to Europe this summer, in 2 weeks, and would like some suggestions from anyone who's been to the following places. Our plan is to stay in each city for 3 days before moving on to the next. We are going to fly into Dublin and start our trip. Then Amsterdam, London, Venice, Paris, and Barcelona before heading back to the states. I know these are major tourist cities but would like to visit places that are off the beaten path... Visit the artsy/unusual/music areas. ANY advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

2. May 22, 2013 at 1:48 PM
    bajaracer

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    AEM DRY BRUTE FORCE, FLOWMASTER 50 SERIES, 285/70/17 BFG'S AT KO2'S MOTO METALS 17X8 885's with 5100's LOUD STEREO
    Anyone?????

3. May 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM
    Sido

Sido Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    None
    Paris- not really a fan. Super expensive and hard to get an authentic feel. At least the history is impressive. Be sure to order snails, actually quite good. Go see the Arc de Triomphe, Louve museum, Eifel Tower...pretty much everything in the heart of the city. If you have time go see Napoleon's grave. Take the subway to Sacre Cour (count the steps when you walk to the surface from the subway!).

Amsterdam- You will probably have to go on the Heineken tour (overpriced), Anne Frank house, and the Van Gogh museum. Not much else to see there. The Bulldog hostel isn't bad. If smoking is your thing, lots of places to do that, and they say you should try the space cake. The red light district is over-hyped but still worth walking through. Unless you REALLY like smoking 3 days is too much.

Barcelona- stay at the Kabul hostel if you can. It books up fast. I liked Park Guell, you need to go there. Sagrada Familia cathedral is impressive, but don't expect to go in, way too many people. Tons of bars and clubs on Las Ramblas, you will have the most fun there. You will have to check out the beach too. Spain is great, too bad you aren't going to any other cities like Madrid or San Sebastián.

How are you getting around? Flying or Euro pass? Are you staying in hostels?

4. May 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    bajaracer

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice. We are going to be fly from place to place to cut down on traveling time. Im really looking forward to Amsterdam, London and Barcelona, not so much Paris just because of what Ive heard. I think we are going to be staying at hotels just because it 4 of us and would want that extra security and comfort. One of the person who will be traveling with us has visited all the places but would like to try new "not so touristy" places.

Anyone else care to chime in?...Offer advice on other areas or $$$ saving tips?

5. May 30, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    bajaracer

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
  6. May 30, 2013 at 8:53 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Munich, Deutschland. Oktoberfest is a definite good time. Went in 2011 and can't wait to go again.

7. May 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
    My68ur8trd

My68ur8trd Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Williamsburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD OR Dcab 4x4
    URD Catback | TRD CAI | TRD S/C | APR X-1 | DTLT | APR 2.85" Pulley |Fabtech 6" | Icon C/O | Alcan Leafs | 33 Grabber AT2 | 17" XD Addicts
    If you are in Venice, make the train ride to Florence and check that out

Pisa is a hike from Florence, but you can take the train there as well. you can spend maybe 4 hours in downtown Pisa and see it all ( the tower and basilica)

I have not been to Venice,so I am not sure how much time you can spend there. you can see Florence in a Day and Pisa in haf a day. The train rides are nice too .

You could go to DaVinci or Assisi as well.

With only 3 days I dont think there would be time to make the trip to Rome ( need a day to travel). but Rome is nice. You can see most of if from a high level in 2 days, but actually taking the time to really explore would require more time.

Enjoy your trip. I love going to Europe,

If you are ever in Munich for a Long layover, you can rent a car and drive into the city to the BMW museum, very impressive

Justin

8. May 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    bajaracer

Member:
    First Name:
    Charly
    Chandler
    Vehicle:
    Thanks,,,, I really appreciate the advice. We have considered going to Florence also. I dont mind taking a detour from our scheduled plan.

To Top