1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Planning a big road trip, opinions wanted.

Discussion in 'Travel' started by sinjun, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    sinjun

sinjun [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Calgary, Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad
    Mickey Thompson ATZ Tires, Spiffy new headlights
    This is kind of a follow up to a travel post I made a couple of months ago. Back they I was looking at going to Nevada with the old Tac and trailer. Unfortunately those plans have changed, now looking at going to Yellowstone.

I am coming from Calgary, AB and plan on going straight down to Yellowstone, spend a view days seeing the sights then go back up to Canada out the west side of the park and up through Couer d'lene and Sandpoint with a stop in Radium before getting back. Plan on taking 2weeks to go from Calgary to Radium.

I will be towing a 23' Cikira hybrid travel Trailer, dry is 3865, wet is 5200lbs, but should only be pulling 4700lbs.

Looking for all sorts of opinions, starting with towing experiences with Tacs and if this is too much of a trip. I have no idea how big the hills will be to get to and from Yellowstone.

Can anyone make any recommmendations on good campgounds that will take RVs on, at or along the way.

And Lastly is 2 weeks too much or not enough time to enjoy the trip.

Oh and forgot one more thing, I plan on going in June will it be too cold?

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

ps - gone are the days of just getting in the car and going, now I have to worry about the wife, kids, trailer... Responsibility sucks :)

To Top