1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Just got back from Mexico...pics!

Discussion in 'Travel' started by SlurpeeBlueMetallic, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 10:21 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic [OP] FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    A while back we had a "Hawaii or Mexico" discussion and I had a trip already scheduled into Yucatan and Quintana Roo, MX so I though I'd post some of the pics we took while there. These are just from Chichen Izta which, for anyone with even a mild interest in architecture or history, comes highly recommended. We took literally hundreds of pictures while there... the place is simply amazing.

I also went zip-lining through the forest/jungle south of Cancun in Selvática. That was amazingly fun although I have no pics... funny thing about zip-lining, it's a bitch to take pictures when both hands are in use. The guides told us to not even take a camera since we'd likely drop it into the forest, never to be seen again. I highly recommend Selvática for those who like rappelling or zip-lines.

It was really hot and humid the day we were at Chichen Itza (95ºF/35ºC and ~65-70% humidity, max wind speed depended on how fast you could walk to make your own breeze)... there were so few people there we felt almost like we had the place to ourselves. Even the annoying vendors were mostly contained to the shade. Many of our pictures have no other people in the frame which, I'm told, is rare at Chichen Itza unless it's a scheduled photo shoot.

We can't wait to go back and see Tulum, Ek Balam and hike Coba. Those look awesome but we didn't have enough time on this visit as we were there for my brother's wedding. Something about us having to attend the ceremony and reception... :rolleyes:

I thumbnailed the pics because they're huge. Click through to Imageshack if you like them.

Absolutely amazing architecture... every angle is awe inspiring
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Top