1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Epic Wy/Co meet picture thread!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Blackdawg, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Dec 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    rileySB

rileySB RileySB

Member:
    First Name:
    Gen
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB OR 4x4
    5100/887, Dakars, 285s, Built Right UCAs, Icon rears
    Alright….I trust you guys. You seem hard core and you know what you're doing! They did seem like they were making the trailer go over the boulder using the Maxtrax as a publicity stunt..but then again I thought the whole thing was weird that they would haul a trailer behind a Land Cruiser up those narrow switchbacks! Anyways, looking forward to creeping in on your local BS threads to see if I can spy any dates for any summer trips.

2. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:07 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg [OP] Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    We will help ya man :thumbsup: should be a good time.

3. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:10 PM
    Sharky

Sharky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    White '12 DCSB TX Pro (also retired)
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Pics are amazing. Thanks for sharing them guys. I've been to some crazy and unforgettable places in Wyoming. I need to get out and explore the region again soon. You've all inspired me to take a trip.

4. Dec 19, 2013 at 11:17 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Great! All we can hope for :)

5. Dec 20, 2013 at 7:43 AM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's

Film crew would be hilarious! Maybe that's the next step...

:cheers: thanks man

I totally agree tho. Great group we have. Well said buddy.

6. Dec 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    not dude...
    or man haha.

i skimmed over that fact at first as well;)
    We have gotten better with time. Maybe not hardcore...but passionate? Obsessed? might be more accurate:D
    The ID BS thread is we all hang out the most, so of course feel free to join in and what not. You will know when we start planning a trip, it gets talked about months and months in advance. Would love to have you along, always cool to meet new people!

As for the trailer, that is part of their set up. They wouldnt leave it at the bottom of the canyon. They wanted to show that their expo set up really could get anywhere, however it took a bit of work.

I think you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. We werent there to know what was actually necessary with that trailer. At the same time the only way they can go on their trips and make the videos is with the money from spinsor ships. Without that there is no way they could afford that shit. And they are out there doing their dream, if living your dream means you have to add in product plugs into some videos, im sure all of you would do it as well. And as far as the dramatization, I think you have to realize how much footage they had to make a 13 minute video...a fucking shit ton. In those endless tapes of video they were bound to capture a few crazy looking shots. the magic of editing just made it more exciting.

Can i get a bro fist bump cheers or whatever? Thats what ive been saying along! This is a crazy group and the trips would have never been as much fun with out em! :cheers:

You guys know i want to get more video of these trips. The problem is that to get a good video it takes so much work to organize and set up constant shots, at the same time people act differently when on video. just happens. so i think the best way would be to have like 3 go pros, or a go pro and a camera and just hide them all...so its out of sight out of mind. OR, they make a body mount that you wear the go pro on your chest. somone could just do that and we could just do our best to ignore it?

if we wanted to work at it for the next trip im down. Yall know im experimenting more with videography.

HUGS!!

film crew:rolleyes: ben will be out film crew and we will just strap go pros to him

7. Dec 20, 2013 at 9:14 AM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    I guess I need sponsorship. :rolleyes:

8. Dec 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    rileySB

rileySB RileySB

Member:
    First Name:
    Gen
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB OR 4x4
    5100/887, Dakars, 285s, Built Right UCAs, Icon rears
    Time to make your own youtube video series!! Judging from the pics you took, there seems to be enough scenery, technical stuff and tons of inside jokes :p

9. Dec 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    i only have one go pro. it would be best for 2 or 3. im sure we can work around the cuss words. i swear all the time too.

as far as their vids go from start to now is that they just got more "mainstream" and "professional" it was bound to happen.

what is losing me actually is their alaska trip :eek:

believe it or not, since day one its about 25% the trails and the vehicles and 75% about some spiritual crap about how great living out your dreams and traveling and different way of life blah blah. the last episode was 0% about the rigs or any trail or overlanding. It was about them all going on a boat ride looking at glaciers and a lot more living your dream speeches. Im sorry, i know there is a lot of cool stuff to see in alaska and a lot of neat stops along the trip...but i want to see them find remote back country trails and sweet secluded camping spots after a hard days drive (the moab video was pretty cool), not 8 minutes of the group playing on glaciers

10. Dec 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Haha many good jokes that you have to be there for haha good times.

11. Dec 22, 2013 at 9:30 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    Because I miss it...

[​IMG]

12. Dec 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Me too man! Just went through a bunch with my brother. Good stuff..is it summer yet?

13. Dec 23, 2013 at 6:32 PM
    NewRider

NewRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Charlottesville , Va
    Vehicle:
    '87 4runner
    I can't devote the rest of my life to reading through this whole thread but I just spent the last hour er so lookin at all the pics on the first page.... WOW!!! If y'all ever do this again be sure to lemme know.. Kinda wanna do a cross country trip eventually anyway and this would be an AWESOME side trek!

14. Dec 23, 2013 at 6:42 PM
    Infra

Infra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Az
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM DCSB 4x4 TRD OR 6spd
    CBI Bushmaster 2.0 rear bumper with swing out tire carrier & fold down camp table, CBI Moab 2.0 front bumper, Warn M8000-S, Icon 2.5 RR CDC Extended travel CO's with 700lb springs, Icon 2.5 RR CDC rear shocks, Icon hydro bumps, Total Chaos uniball UCA's, All Pro Expo leafs, U-bolt flip kit, Softopper, diff breather mod, extended rear brake lines, Grillecraft mesh grille, Elusive Elements behind grille light bar with B.A.M.F. LED light bar brackets, okLEDlightbars.com 20" double row LED light bar, Relentless Fabrication hood cb antenna mount, Wilson Silver Load CB antenna, Uniden 520 Pro XL CB radio, Wet okole seat covers, Weather tech floor liners, Weather tech in channel window deflectors, trasharoo spare tire trash bag carrier, Box Rocket 2nd gen bed rack with (2) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on drivers side, (2) 2 gallon water rotopax mounted on passenger side, (1) 3 gallon gas rotopax & (1) 2 gallon gas rotopax mounted on CBI swing out, Avid weld on sliders, Mattgecko LED bed light

Who's that sexy bearded mother fucker standing behind Ben :anonymous:

15. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    Might be this guy?

IMG_1295_zps447d867e_c8725a67ac53f62d6d890dfabb8bb66d44d404c4.jpg

16. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    haha glad it can entertain and impress.

8000 times better seeing that stuff in person. truly breathtaking part of the country
    do i get an award for shooting that magnificent piece of photographic artwork??

17. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    Sorry, there is no proof of that.

18. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:43 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Oh thats bs!!!:pout:

19. Dec 23, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    :D Says frankinstein photography. :boink:

20. Dec 23, 2013 at 8:03 PM
    Blackdawg

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    Us local wy guys will be running some of it again just on weekends since it's so close. Let us know when your coming through.

:cool:

To Top