Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > Truck Alterations

Notices

Really Disappointed with TruckAlterations

Old 10-19-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

cjimenRR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to cjimenRR
Really Disappointed with TruckAlterations

I placed my order for a grillcraft upper mesh for my 2012 Tacoma on October 2nd and aside from a confirmation email on October 3rd I have not heard anything about my grill. I let 1 full business week go by before sending TruckAlterations an email asking a status update on the grille and I have yet to get a response. I have called at different times during their business hours and no one ever picks up, I've left a message with my cell and work number and no one has called back. At this point I want to get a hold of anyone over there so I can cancel my order. Being this is the 1st time I order anything from them I'm sure it will be the last, I'd rather pay a bit more elsewhere and know that my business is trying to be earned/kept in this economy. In case anyone at TruckAlterations reads this and cares feel free to call my cell at anytime 818-402-3750 and my order number is 4234711
Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
That's weird. I ordered my access le through truck alterations and had it within a couple days. Their customer service was great. Sorry you had a bad experience, but I have always heard great things about them and their prices are usually the best out there.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Be Good or Be Good At It
cjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to beholdcjimenRR is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
That's weird. I ordered my access le through truck alterations and had it within a couple days. Their customer service was great. Sorry you had a bad experience, but I have always heard great things about them and their prices are usually the best out there.
I read the reviews on here which led to my purchase via them. If I fell through the cracks I can understand but I would expect a response or a call back
Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
iroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shediroh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iroh's Tacoma Gallery
I purchased my Access Literider cover through them and had a typo in the shipping address, so I gave them a call and they took care of it. I had to wait nearly two weeks but I got my cover. T-A is in NC, but my cover shipped directly from Access in North Dakota to my door. Never did get a tracking number.

You're in Cali, they're in NC... are you calling before 2:30 pm PST?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Just heads up but you probably want to remove your phone number from your post. This is a public forum and it could result in your phone getting bombarded with phone calls and text messages.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post
I purchased my Access Literider cover through them and had a typo in the shipping address, so I gave them a call and they took care of it. I had to wait nearly two weeks but I got my cover. T-A is in NC, but my cover shipped directly from Access in North Dakota to my door. Never did get a tracking number.

You're in Cali, they're in NC... are you calling before 2:30 pm PST?
I realize they're in NC, I've called during THEIR work hrs
Old 10-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #7
Be Good or Be Good At It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Just heads up but you probably want to remove your phone number from your post. This is a public forum and it could result in your phone getting bombarded with phone calls and text messages.
99% of TW people are grown ups and don't have time for games, I've posted my number on here before. Thanks for the heads up though
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 PM   #8
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
i'd be pissed too!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
99% of TW people are grown ups and don't have time for games, I've posted my number on here before. Thanks for the heads up though
Wasn't referring to the members playing shennanigans... I referring to call bots that pick up numbers on sites like craigslist and blow up your phone. Same thing happens with posted e-mail addresses.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM   #10
PB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shedPB65stang is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
PB65stang's Tacoma Gallery
Very surprised to hear this, I ordered my Access LE from them and got it within 2 days, even with me screwing up my CC info. Hope you get this resolved.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #11
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
I got my Access cover from them last year. I had it shipped all the way to Canada and all went exactly as agreed on. Good customer service and communication at the time.

Hope they get back to you asap and make things right.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
Very strange!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
x2
Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #14
StormTrooper
757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future757 Taco has a brilliant future

Coast Guard: BM3 - Station New Haven, CT
Name: Tyler
757 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I bought the same thing on September 27! I waited a week and heard nothing so I called and he said they were backordered but they would ship out by the end of the week. Another week goes by and nothing so I call again and this time he got my email from me and said he was going to directly call grillcraft and find out what was going on. He emailed me and said they were in powdercoat and expected to ship on October 16 or 17. I recently got a tracking number and I am supposed to get it Monday, October 22. Honestly, I wouldnt of really minded the delay because these guys have great prices and generally seem to have their stuff together but it would have been nice to know from the beginning instead of having to personally contact them and get some info for myself. Not bashing these guys because they seem to have a good business going but like you said I am disappointed. I leave for Coast Guard bootcamp soon and wanted to have this installed weeks ago. With only a couple weeks left and a lot to do I honestly dont know if im going to get to it which sucks. Hopefully Ill get it no later than Monday, almost a month later...
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Be Good or Be Good At It

^^^----------- my feelings exactly. If the grille is/was on back order I understand there will be delays and it's not the vendors fault but to have 3 weeks go by and not inform me is unacceptable!!
Old 10-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #16
✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈
neontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shedneontrail is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neontrail's Tacoma Gallery
Lucas where are you??????
Old 10-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #17
truckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant futuretruckalter has a brilliant future
truckalter's Tacoma Gallery
Hello...

Didn't get an e-mail about this thread until last night.

The issue is the same as usual with Grillcraft... delays and more delays. Great grills but they tend to always run out. You will notice that we almost never have any customer service issues except with the Grillcraft orders.

I readily admit we don't always answer the phones. But I do regularly return voicemails. Only exception is sometimes bad connections' etc we can't understand messages and therefore can't return the calls.

I have also checked for e-mails regarding this order and don't see any.

We did send an e-mail to the address on file when the order was placed informing that there was a backorder on the grills for the 2012+ Tacomas.

Unfortunately Grillcraft has been rescheduling that dates on these over and over... They have fed us 2-3 at a time which we have been filling orders in the order we received them.

I will of course contact the OP personally to straighten this out.

Thanks,

Luke
Old 01-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #19
05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about05silverTaco has a spectacular aura about
Marines: Cpl 105 Howitzer Btry
05silverTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Very pleased with Truck Alterations. Ordered Grillcraft Grille price was excelent. A couple months go by and I now want a G4 tonneau cover and Weather Tec floor covers. Call them up and they give me a lower price than the Factory's Group Buy in Dec on the G4. On the Weather Tec they give me a lower price than the best on the web price and with free shipping. And both of these prices were with out asking for a better price. Just let them know you are a member of TW. Now living all the way across country from them I still get it with in a week of ordering.

Could not be Happier.

Thanks Luke.

Vince
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #20
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjimenRR View Post
99% of TW people are grown ups and don't have time for games

Sorry to hear about your bad service man, I was just skimming and that statement made me laugh haha ^