Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

tundra owners thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 AM   #22
flashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really niceflashsplat is just really nice
flashsplat's Tacoma Gallery
My first mod:

(Painted engine cover)

New truck is in my Sig.
-Flashy
Old 08-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #23
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery

My babies, Tundra is an 09 TRD offroad, has wheels and tires on it now though.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Some day...
Well I said I'd have one some day and it happened!

2008 Tundra CrewMax 4x4 SR5 5.7L
-ProComp 6" Lift
-18" ProComp 6047 Wheels
-325/65/18 Toyo Open Country AT
-AirLift Airbags
-Amp Research Electric Running Boards

Oh yeah, did I mention it has a TRD Supercharger?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:32 AM   #25
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Congrats! That truck must move out!! How do you like it?? ^^^

Mine is much more reserved.
2011 DC 4x4 4.6L
~ added Line-X, Front Black Weathertech Floorliners, Raptor 4" Black Oval Step Bars, Trifecta Tonneau & Hose Clamp Mod.
~ Color Matched Grill, OEM Fogs & Info Gauge Switch Upgrade purchased awaiting delivery.
~ Signed up for W.O. Group Buy
~ Need to upgrade tires, black out badges & take off dealer license plate advertisement That will be it.
Really like the truck a lot! First long trip avg. 20 mpg very happy with that.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 AM   #26
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
20 MPG on that beast? Awesome.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #27
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 10-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #28
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
20 MPG on that beast? Awesome.
Thanks Ben!
yeah I was not stomping on it & have the smaller michelin tires right now no trd pkg.
That was cruising 55-65 on a state highway, it revs lower than the taco. I dunno its a truck my expectations were to see numbers close to my 2006 tacoma so it seems about right.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #29
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Thanks Ben!
yeah I was not stomping on it & have the smaller michelin tires right now no trd pkg.
That was cruising 55-65 on a state highway, it revs lower than the taco. I dunno its a truck my expectations were to see numbers close to my 2006 tacoma so it seems about right.
You'll have to report back on how she tows.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #30
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mine is much more reserved.
2011 DC 4x4 4.6L
~ added Line-X, Front Black Weathertech Floorliners, Raptor 4" Black Oval Step Bars, Trifecta Tonneau & Hose Clamp Mod.
~ Color Matched Grill, OEM Fogs & Info Gauge Switch Upgrade purchased awaiting delivery.
~ Signed up for W.O. Group Buy
~ Need to upgrade tires, black out badges & take off dealer license plate advertisement That will be it.
Really like the truck a lot! First long trip avg. 20 mpg very happy with that.

Very nice! Do you miss your Tacoma at all?

And hopefully soon I will have my Tundra
Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 AM   #31
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
You'll have to report back on how she tows.
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
Very nice! Do you miss your Tacoma at all?

And hopefully soon I will have my Tundra
Miss the tacoma for its looks & at times when parking. But I owned the 4 Door Tundra when it came out in 2004 so knew what to expect. Where I go the size is not an issue ie off road or small parking garages. Otherwise, there are many amenities & for the price it just worked out.

My tacoma certainly performed very well just needed more towing & bed capacity. The best world would be to have both

Yeah when are you gonna pull the trigger?
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #32
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
will do

Miss the tacoma for its looks & at times when parking. But I owned the 4 Door Tundra when it came out in 2004 so knew what to expect. Where I go the size is not an issue ie off road or small parking garages. Otherwise, there are many amenities & for the price it just worked out.

My tacoma certainly performed very well just needed more towing & bed capacity. The best world would be to have both

Yeah when are you gonna pull the trigger?
Glad to hear your enjoying your Tundra!

I plan on buying as soon as my baby is sold. Im probably gonna get a 1st gen tundra like 04-06 dbl cab 4wd. I test drove this 06 4wd with after market leather and 5100 shocks. it had 93K but the interior was perfect. only problem was it had NO brakes. To even stop the truck normally you almost had to push the brake pedal to the floor and when i decide to really test the brakes stopping from 50mph i pushed it to the floor and it slowly stopped itself, the brakes were so shot that even the ABS did not kick in nor did i hear any tires chirping from stopping.
And the battery needs to be replaced, the engine was slow at cranking up.

but im also thinking about getting an 06 Silverado with 86K on it with a 6inch lift 4x4 flowmasters. The only problem with that truck was the steering was screwed up. the steering must of had at least 25-30 degrees of play in it...it was a bitch to drive because of that but the who truck was in great shape, well taken care of

Old 10-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
Wag More Bark Less

Quote:

I plan on buying as soon as my baby is sold. Im probably gonna get a 1st gen tundra like 04-06 dbl cab 4wd. I test drove this 06 4wd with after market leather and 5100 shocks. it had 93K but the interior was perfect. only problem was it had NO brakes. To even stop the truck normally you almost had to push the brake pedal to the floor and when i decide to really test the brakes stopping from 50mph i pushed it to the floor and it slowly stopped itself, the brakes were so shot that even the ABS did not kick in nor did i hear any tires chirping from stopping.

but im also thinking about getting an 06 Silverado with 86K on it with a 6inch lift 4x4 flowmasters. The only problem with that truck was the steering was screwed up. the steering must of had at least 25-30 degrees of play in it...it was a bitch to drive because of that but the who truck was in great shape, well taken care of

Congrats I selling your truck!
I almost went with an 06 Tundra like my 04 but the prices were up there. My truck I traded in had brakes like the one you test drove
Lots of nice trucks out there I hope you find a good one you like as much as your baby. That was a beautiful truck!
Old 10-05-2011, 12:27 PM   #34
Quote:
Congrats I selling your truck!
I almost went with an 06 Tundra like my 04 but the prices were up there. My truck I traded in had brakes like the one you test drove
Lots of nice trucks out there I hope you find a good one you like as much as your baby. That was a beautiful truck!
Lol she hasnt sold yet but Thank you in advance

Its funny, i keep on thinking everyday about what to do, what trucks to consider blah blah blah and I still question whether I should sell my truck or keep her. Only time will tell i guess
Old 10-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #35
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah it definitely gets up and goes. I have to fight it to not spin the tires when accelerating from a stop. It scares me a bit but I'm getting used to it. It's real fun to play in. But the trade off is a whopping 13mpg highway

Quote:

A brake job is an easy driveway project. And all Chevys are like that in the steering. My dad's 96 Silverado, my 01 Z71, and my mom's 03 Tahoe were all like that. It's what I hate most about Chevy/GMC.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post

A brake job is an easy driveway project. And all Chevys are like that in the steering. My dad's 96 Silverado, my 01 Z71, and my mom's 03 Tahoe were all like that. It's what I hate most about Chevy/GMC.
Really? I mean this thing was horrible, i was driving it on a two lane road and i hit a bump in the road and the damn thing veers right almost going off the road then i start to steer to the left...no go then i really had to turn that wheel to the left and then it just shoots left then i finally got her back on track, i wasnt going fast but it just caught me off guard. Hell on the highway the only way to go straight was to either keep the wheel turned right or left (to the point where the top flat part of the bow tie on the steering wheel was pointing to the end of the passenger wiper blade) cause if i left it it straight it would drift left or right. I mentioned it too the owner, i said "the only thing that concerns me about this truck is the steering" he didnt really reply, i dont think he wanted to hear it lol, he was probably use to it.

But tell me this, can pulling on the steering wheel when the truck is off ruin the steering? cause the owner was short probably barely breaking 5'10 and for him to get into the silverado he used the steering wheel as a handle which turns the wheel to the left. could that loosen up the steering?

Oh by the way, Congrats on the Tundra! Its extremely nice! I did not think you were gonna get that sweet of a tundra lol
Old 10-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
no one really? i guess i am all alone in the world
you should see the vegetarian thread
Old 10-05-2011, 06:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Really? I mean this thing was horrible, i was driving it on a two lane road and i hit a bump in the road and the damn thing veers right almost going off the road then i start to steer to the left...no go then i really had to turn that wheel to the left and then it just shoots left then i finally got her back on track, i wasnt going fast but it just caught me off guard. Hell on the highway the only way to go straight was to either keep the wheel turned right or left (to the point where the top flat part of the bow tie on the steering wheel was pointing to the end of the passenger wiper blade) cause if i left it it straight it would drift left or right. I mentioned it too the owner, i said "the only thing that concerns me about this truck is the steering" he didnt really reply, i dont think he wanted to hear it lol, he was probably use to it.

But tell me this, can pulling on the steering wheel when the truck is off ruin the steering? cause the owner was short probably barely breaking 5'10 and for him to get into the silverado he used the steering wheel as a handle which turns the wheel to the left. could that loosen up the steering?

Oh by the way, Congrats on the Tundra! Its extremely nice! I did not think you were gonna get that sweet of a tundra lol
Yup that about explains how GM products drive. Using the steering wheel as a handle could cause that but compared to how bad they are anyway I highly doubt you would notice it.

I didn't want a 6" lift or a supercharger but when I found this one I had to have it. I would have settled for just a plain ol' 5.7, 3" lift, and 33s.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #39
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys. I have a 05 Tundra Limited with almost full long travel. Just missing a few things like sua kit and spindles. And other little things as you know the build will never end ha. King suspension all around. 2.5 16" double bypass (chrome) in the rear. 2.5 coilovers in the front. Camburg LT set up.

More mods to come soon..eventually. Ha

Tell me what ya think.
Attached Thumbnails
tundra owners thread-imageuploadedbytapatalk1318362277.188328.jpg  
Old 10-13-2011, 10:41 AM   #40
socal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsocal16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Diego
socal16's Tacoma Gallery

the day i brought her home, 2011 sr5 offroad crewmax 4x4 5.7l