Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

tundra owners thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #401
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbb View Post
It's automatic once it's in 4-Lo, no option to turn it off is what I was told at the dealer.
Hmmm I don't think we have ATRAC man... I think when you go into 4lo all that jazz shuts off. I could be wrong, I haven't even put my truck in 4wd yet! Haha
Old 09-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #402
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
Where's the ATRAC button in the tundras?

Quote:
It's automatic once it's in 4-Lo, no option to turn it off is what I was told at the dealer.
^^ this
Old 09-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #403
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
I just looked in the OM and A-TRAC does indeed come on automatically, but once it's on, it can be turned off by completely stopping the truck, then holding in the VSC button for more than 3 seconds. Good to know since it keeps you from being able to rock the truck when stuck in snow. The only thing I'm still cornfused about is whether it's using TRAC or A-TRAC in 4-Hi, but whatever--so long as it works!
Old 09-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #404
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
didnt realize there was a tundra area on TW ha. Over the years ive owned 3 tundras, just bought my most recent one a month ago.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #405
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
^^ this
Quote:
I just looked in the OM and A-TRAC does indeed come on automatically, but once it's on, it can be turned off by completely stopping the truck, then holding in the VSC button for more than 3 seconds. Good to know since it keeps you from being able to rock the truck when stuck in snow. The only thing I'm still cornfused about is whether it's using TRAC or A-TRAC in 4-Hi, but whatever--so long as it works!
That's pretty sweet. Anyone see the videos on YouTube of Chevy shitting on the tundra in a twisted ditch scenario? It would appear as though the Chevy is in 4wd and the tundra is not. Fucking losers.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8PpZF77tgk
Old 11-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #407
ScTuna is on a distinguished road

ScTuna's Tacoma Gallery
Nice^^
Old 11-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #408
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Nice rig
Old 11-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #409
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Realized I never threw a pic of my tundra in here.

Old 11-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #410
Click is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Click's Tacoma Gallery
Real trucks

Nice Tundra's!!! I sure miss mine... Traded my 10 Tundra for a 13 Tacoma... The Tacoma's don't spec out in the real world like they advertise.. A little disappointed.... I guess I'll get over it!
Old 11-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #411
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's pretty sweet. Anyone see the videos on YouTube of Chevy shitting on the tundra in a twisted ditch scenario? It would appear as though the Chevy is in 4wd and the tundra is not. Fucking losers.

yeah looks like the tundra is only in 2WD. if it was in 4wd i donít see how it could not do anything the silverado could not do in 4wd. in the first ditch the front tires are not even turning so it canít be in 4wd. if it was in 4wd and was just stuck they should be spinning but neither one is spinning.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #412
Paleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaleus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Paleus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Very cool to see the Trac system working and spinning both rear tires on the Tundra. Probably could have just backed up and moved to a different part of the ditch and crossed it just fine in the Tundra in 2WD.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #413
????????????
225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed225nontypical is one of the sharper tools in the shed

225nontypical's Tacoma Gallery
well ladies and gentlemen I hate to say it but I got board the other day and traded my tundra off. I now have mixed emotions about it, I bought a 2013 f150 supercrew with the 5.0 and a 6.5' bed. this truck has so much cool stuff on it and is so comfortable but its not a Toyota! we will see how it does over the next couple years, who know I ma be back with a Toyota after I have this one a year or so. I hope this new truck treats me as good as my tundra did.
it does have some cool options, like a elocker in the rearend. I have already ordered a 4" lift for it and some 325/65/18 duratracs and fuel krank wheels for it. I cant wait to get it done. it doesn't have the power the tundra had but I am getting better MPG out of it then my tundra. right now I am averaging 16.5 of combined my tundra when stock would only get that on freeway only. have fun with your trucks ladies and gentlemen I will keep checking in to see what cool stuff you all have been doing with your tundra's.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #414
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. Trading a Tundra for a Furd. Just don't know what to say about that...
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #415
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
My buddy has a 2011 F150 lariat s-crew, and riding in that thing is like a Cadillac! Way better interior than the Tundra. I've driven and ridden in plenty of Ford trucks and I liked them all. But I wanted a 6 1/2' bed with a decent sized cab, which in 2012 Ford and Chevy only came with extended cab with suicide doors. That quickly left the options to Tundra and Ram, and Toyotas have always been bulletproof for me. The truck market has really come along in the last 10 years, that now its more about finding the one with the options you want than what brand is best. Enjoy your new truck
Old 11-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #416
Bought Tacoma & signed up here as fast as I could!
BRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedBRYLONATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: El Conquistador
BRYLONATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
And if you release the button and then hold it down again for another 3-5 seconds....it completely shuts off all of the nannies until you either restart or hit the button again. Very cool....I am wiring up a tr7 on a toggle so it will do this automatically for me every time I get into the truck
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #417
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
well ladies and gentlemen I hate to say it but I got board the other day and traded my tundra off. I now have mixed emotions about it, I bought a 2013 f150 supercrew with the 5.0 and a 6.5' bed. .
Congrats man. the new f150s are nice trucks.

I just got a 2006 tundra with 106k miles on it. Ill be doing some general maintenance on it, spark plugs, rear diff oil, water pump, and timing belt then Ill get some new tires and maybe level it out.

Old 11-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #418
nocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant future

Name: DTM
nocaltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225nontypical View Post
well ladies and gentlemen I hate to say it but I got board the other day and traded my tundra off. I now have mixed emotions about it, I bought a 2013 f150 supercrew with the 5.0 and a 6.5' bed. this truck has so much cool stuff on it and is so comfortable but its not a Toyota! we will see how it does over the next couple years, who know I ma be back with a Toyota after I have this one a year or so. I hope this new truck treats me as good as my tundra did.
it does have some cool options, like a elocker in the rearend. I have already ordered a 4" lift for it and some 325/65/18 duratracs and fuel krank wheels for it. I cant wait to get it done. it doesn't have the power the tundra had but I am getting better MPG out of it then my tundra. right now I am averaging 16.5 of combined my tundra when stock would only get that on freeway only. have fun with your trucks ladies and gentlemen I will keep checking in to see what cool stuff you all have been doing with your tundra's.

BUMMER!!! I have been stalking your truck for the better part of a year. How much is the stealer asking for it??
Old 11-30-2013, 04:42 AM   #419
ScTuna is on a distinguished road

ScTuna's Tacoma Gallery

Still going strong.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #420
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
Traded in the Taco and picked this up today!