Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

anyone have an 2000-2006 tundra

Old 01-31-2013, 07:31 PM   #21
dougmatson is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: Doug
dougmatson's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 2001 Acc cab, 4x4 Limited, since 2000 (55K mi) that I loved but i needed something to tow behind the Motorhome so I gave it to my son and got a 13' Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport, Double cab L-bed. The Taco wheelbase is about a foot longer than the Tundra. The Tundra was a great truck hope the Taco turns out to be the same once I get used to the turning radius!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #22
RK53 is on a distinguished road
RK53's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2000 access cab limited with 287k on it. Original owner. Stock. Oil changes every 3 k +/-.Great truck. 15 to 19 mpg.
Just bought a new 13 Taco 4 dr, 4 x 4, sport. 4th Toyota. No complaints.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM   #23
oldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldblue1968chevy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Maintainer
Name: John
oldblue1968chevy's Tacoma Gallery
Dad has a 2000 2wd tundra with 3.4 170k nothing but oil changes a timing belt/waterpump and an accidental auto trans fuild change...lol
Old 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #24
I'd rather be hunting!
huntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhuntark03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
huntark03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioyota View Post
was going to buy a taco a few years ago but the tundra was more bang for your $ due to the taco "cult " keeping prices high

So I got this tundra...has 65000 km on her now
the good
-ride comfort
-tranny is awesome
-engine is potent
-1st gen quality
-4wd system in low is like having a tractor
-looks
-capable tow rig

the bad...not much
-mpg
-dash rattle
-big to park
-timing belt instead of chain= big $ at 140000km/90000 miles

This was my 1st yota truck...lucky to have a small taco now as well

Where did you get the grille...did it come on it or is it a DW grille?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:28 PM   #25
Exhaust is on a distinguished road
Name: Erik
Exhaust's Tacoma Gallery
My first car was a 2001 Tundra. I love that truck. TRD with the 4.7 and access cab. Great on long drives, MPG wasn't terrible if you didn't put your foot down. But when you did it would take off. That engine is what I miss the most going to the 3.4 in my Taco.

It's really not that bad to park, especially if you get those fish eye mirrors for your blind spots. I live in Center City, Philadelphia and parallel parking it really wasn't that bad.

Get one, you won't regret it.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:01 AM   #26
cowboy50 is on a distinguished road
cowboy50's Tacoma Gallery
05 Tundra

Just bought my first Tundra. 05 with 77k on it, city truck, clean, had to drive about 2.5 hours home after purchase. On the test drive everything was great. On the way back home settling in on the interstate I noticed the oil pressure gauge setting half way between the quarter mark and the half. Is this normal? I've had Tacomas with 4 bangers and they have always had good high oil pressure, no matter what engine speed. The pressure was steady but just seemed low. Any input would be appreciated thanks.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #27
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Could be the oil sending unit. Mine is usually between 3/4 at high rev and half at low rev.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:28 AM   #28
That's what I was thinking too. I googled the symptoms and that is what they said to check. Liking the truck otherwise.
Old 02-27-2014, 05:35 AM   #29
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
I had an 06 double cab 4wd with leather. I loved that truck but with Florida gas prices I just couldn't take it anymore. I was getting terrible gas mileage with 33's and traded it in on a single cab tacoma. I do miss having all that room for sure.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:35 PM   #30
tacotundra is on a distinguished road
tacotundra's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 03 4x4 stepside love it.. Its more of a back up truck then anything... At 16mpg that with a easy foot in town only bad thing about it..
Old 03-06-2014, 06:28 AM   #31
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntark03 View Post
Where did you get the grille...did it come on it or is it a DW grille?
Sorry for the slow reply as i have not posted for over a year!

The grill was stock...a special edition canadian package....I think only about 400 made in 2006
Old 05-27-2014, 09:01 PM   #32
Douchebag, or just douche if we're friends
monkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonkeyface is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Signal Corps
monkeyface's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotundra View Post
i have a 03 4x4 stepside love it.. Its more of a back up truck then anything... At 16mpg that with a easy foot in town only bad thing about it..
Stepsides rule . . . . . .
Old 05-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #33
Total Automotive Performance
Chas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedChas of MRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chas
Chas of MRT's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the TRD Grille.

Loving my 06 and excited about a 2015 in the near future
Old 05-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #34
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
I'm on my 3rd tundra. Having owned both first gens and a second gen i much prefer the first gen. The 4.7 is an amazing motor
Old 06-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #35
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
I'm on my 3rd tundra. Having owned both first gens and a second gen i much prefer the first gen. The 4.7 is an amazing motor
Was that the first V8 for Tundras Landon ??
Old 06-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #36
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Was that the first V8 for Tundras Landon ??

What do you mean? The 4.7 was available for all years of the first gen
Old 06-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #37
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
What do you mean? The 4.7 was available for all years of the first gen

well, not too familiar with the Tundra or the engine sizes I still speak in cubic inch , so it always had a 4.7 , think I'm confusing the T100 with Tundra... i is ignernt but i learns good
Old 06-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #38

anyone have an 2000-2006 tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
well, not too familiar with the Tundra or the engine sizes I still speak in cubic inch , so it always had a 4.7 , think I'm confusing the T100 with Tundra... i is ignernt but i learns good

Haha it's cool just wasn't sure what you weren't sure about. The first gen came with the 3.4 V6 or the 4.7 V8. the 2005 and 2006 model years came with the 4.7 VVTI along with a 5 speed auto so those are the most sought after.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:38 AM   #39
liking my 05 except for the mileage. Avg. about 15 or more. Was wondering if anyone has ever messed with changing the gear ratio to a little higher gear to see if that would help. I know you would be sacrificing some of the pulling power but with gas prices the way they are I would be willing to lose a little power for more mileage and so far from what I read here there is not much we can do that really helps.