Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

TUNDRA FAIL

Old 10-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #41
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I really wanna know what caused his axles to blow, the only thing I could see was when he went over the hill his drive shaft probably broke after being smashed on the ground.
From the sound of it he had the gas to the floor the whole time. The unloading and loading of the drivetrain as the wheels lost and gained traction will blow shit up. That's why you let off when you feel wheel hop.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #42
YotaMark is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
YotaMark's Tacoma Gallery
Theres a place called Yankee Lake out here and you'll see everything from 2wd to trucks with 30day tags along with a few shiny "Dad can I borrow the truck to go to the store"
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #43
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
From the sound of it he had the gas to the floor the whole time. The unloading and loading of the drivetrain as the wheels lost and gained traction will blow shit up. That's why you let off when you feel wheel hop.
oh he definitely had to floored, i think he maybe even had it in low gear on the transmission just by the sound of it.

Thats kinda pathetic how it broke though, i mean ya your right its not the best thing for it to do that but you'd think it could handle that because it didnt look that bad even though he was bouncing pretty good...
Old 10-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #45
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
oh he definitely had to floored, i think he maybe even had it in low gear on the transmission just by the sound of it.

Thats kinda pathetic how it broke though, i mean ya your right its not the best thing for it to do that but you'd think it could handle that because it didnt look that bad even though he was bouncing pretty good...
It probably wasn't his first time doing stupid crap that that. Also if it was in low torque in the driveline is multiplied.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #46
tacundra is on a distinguished road
tacundra's Tacoma Gallery
Guy in the Tundra had been rheeming it all day...in all fairness the truck took a beating for a while before it finally gave in.

It was dad's truck far as I can tell.

My beater tacoma kept going many more miles before I sold it for a profit!
Old 10-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #47
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I really wanna know what caused his axles to blow, the only thing I could see was when he went over the hill his drive shaft probably broke after being smashed on the ground.
Every time I've seen something break like that, the vehicle is bouncing up and down. It's the sudden gain in traction that brings a spinning wheel to a halt that will break something.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:46 PM   #49
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say 1 truck failed, and the driver of the other did too.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #50
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
I think the funniest part of the video is that at the end it appears that he puts it in reverse and tries to back out
Old 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #51
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
both drivers fail. red taco(OP?) should hav been watching where the fuck he was going.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:12 PM   #52
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
i thought this happened to me once, tuned out i just popped outa gear
Old 11-27-2011, 12:29 PM   #53
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by livel0veryde View Post
i thought this happened to me once, tuned out i just popped outa gear
Loly automatic will pop into nuetral sometimes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #54
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
Old 12-31-2011, 08:22 AM   #55
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by G scott04 View Post
Loly automatic will pop into nuetral sometimes
If you put it in park while you're driving/going slow, you will hear a clicking sound similar to that.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #56
tacoma-king has a spectacular aura abouttacoma-king has a spectacular aura about

tacoma-king's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
If you put it in park while you're driving/going slow, you will hear a clicking sound similar to that.
simply put theres a slotted gear that a shaft drops into to lock the transmission. that clicking noise you hear is that shaft bounce off the slotted gear because the slotted gear still turning. however in the case of this vid i am sure its a the reardiff ring gear that gave in and broke.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:34 PM   #57
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
tundra

the white tundra is an xsp they are NICE!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 05:27 PM   #58
Born yesterday
BB72 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
BB72's Tacoma Gallery
Video doesnt work for me - linky?
Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #59
Halo913 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adrian
Halo913's Tacoma Gallery
Doesn't work for me either
Old 07-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #60
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
X3 on not working