Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

tundra prob.

Old 10-27-2011, 08:57 PM   #21
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Starter
Old 10-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #22
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
Starter
see thats what i was thinking or the alternator like someone els said.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #24
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
your grammar and my location are some of the source of many a tw joke, but its cause we're awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean266 View Post
X2
late and read like my 2nd or 3rd post.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:02 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
change the battery.
we will. itís at moms work now. deal with it tomorrow.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #27
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
You said the lights and radio along with the rest of the electronics? Are the headlights really dim? Also you said the starter didn't turn over?

If the lights aren't abnormally dim and the starter did NOT turn over then its your stater. First thing I would do is check the voltage if its around 12V then its defiantly your starter.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #28

Quote:
You said the lights and radio along with the rest of the electronics? Are the headlights really dim? Also you said the starter didn't turn over?

If the lights aren't abnormally dim and the starter did NOT turn over then its your stater. First thing I would do is check the voltage if its around 12V then its defiantly your starter.
idk if they wear dim or not i was not there to see. iím just going by what mom told me. all she said was. the headlights and radio came on. when she would try and start it all it did was click once. thats why first think i thought was starter.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #29
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

not necessarily. Even if there is 12v it could not be starting because it cant push enough amps.

but you are right, if the lights arent dim its the starter or solenoid
Old 10-27-2011, 09:15 PM   #30

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
idk if they wear dim or not i was not there to see. iím just going by what mom told me. all she said was. the headlights and radio came on. when she would try and start it all it did was click once. thats why first think i thought was starter.
Ya, its the starter, if it was the battery the starter would turn over, just slowly.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #31

Quote:
Ya, its the starter, if it was the battery the starter would turn over, just slowly.
yeah. well see tomorrow. may try jumping it off. (idk if mom and dad tried that or not) and if it donít work than idk. than i would say it is starter.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 PM   #32

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
not necessarily. Even if there is 12v it could not be starting because it cant push enough amps.

but you are right, if the lights arent dim its the starter or solenoid
true. When I say starter I'm including the solenoid.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #33

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
yeah. well see tomorrow. may try jumping it off. (idk if mom and dad tried that or not) and if it donít work than idk. than i would say it is starter.
Can also check voltage drop when you try to start it (not while trying to jump it).
Old 10-27-2011, 09:19 PM   #34
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unless its not producing enough power to get the juice through the solenoid... i always start with the simplest stuff first.

#1 thing to try is jump it. you can tell alot by if it starts or not...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #35
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
when my HIDs drained my battery/I had bad terminals, the exact same thing would happen as in the OP.

Changed the starter anyways, but easiest thing is to change the battery first
Old 10-27-2011, 09:22 PM   #36

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
unless its not producing enough power to get the juice through the solenoid... i always start with the simplest stuff first.

#1 thing to try is jump it. you can tell alot by if it starts or not...
I would say that is highly unlikely that the battery built up that much resistance, since it started that morning.

OP: let us know how it goes.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #38

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I would say that is highly unlikely that the battery built up that much resistance, since it started that morning.

OP: let us know how it goes.
Ninorth, another member here, just went to Home depot from his house (5 mins away) went inside for 10 minutes and when he came out his truck wouldnt start. just click lights were really dim. He got a jump, it started, drove home and read 13.5v when running. Shut it off. It still read 12.2v. Went to start it, click, nothing. Jumped it agian and it started. Doesnt take long for a battery to shit...

i've been surprised a few times by how fast a battery can crap out
Old 10-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #39

ok just talked to her. she said lights wear good. did not seam dim at all. and it would not even try and turn over. she would turn the key and get 1 click. and it started just fin this morning. so sounds like starter. anyone know about how much that is to get? hot hard it it to put in?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #40

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ninorth, another member here, just went to Home depot from his house (5 mins away) went inside for 10 minutes and when he came out his truck wouldnt start. just click lights were really dim. He got a jump, it started, drove home and read 13.5v when running. Shut it off. It still read 12.2v. Went to start it, click, nothing. Jumped it agian and it started. Doesnt take long for a battery to shit...

i've been surprised a few times by how fast a battery can crap out
I've run into this same problem with my friend's truck, it was a bad connection between his terminals and battery.

I was just saying it is very unlikely, not impossible.