Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

tundra prob.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #41
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
hahaha. yeah i did not think it would be the battery. lol
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #42
Pnicholas1019 is on a distinguished road

Navy: Aircrew (AWF)
Name: Parker
Pnicholas1019's Tacoma Gallery
your battery, get the alternator checked as well.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 PM   #43
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
ok just talked to her. she said lights wear good. did not seam dim at all. and it would not even try and turn over. she would turn the key and get 1 click. and it started just fin this morning. so sounds like starter. anyone know about how much that is to get? hot hard it it to put in?
If it is the V-8: I've heard its a real bitch to get to.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #45
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
I've run into this same problem with my friend's truck, it was a bad connection between his terminals and battery.

I was just saying it is very unlikely, not impossible.
agreed... connections were good...
Old 10-27-2011, 10:39 PM   #46
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
If it's a V8 Tundra, the starter is underneath the intake manifold. It's a real bitch to replace, cuz ya gotta take all that off just to get to it. I really hope it's your battery for your sake.
yeah it痴 the 4.7 V-8 and thanks guess we値l have it towed to the dealer. we値l check battery.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #47
GO VOLS!

also battery is only like 3 years old. but i know age dose not all ways mater. (and yeah i know that can go sooo many ways) lol
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #48
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Quote:
hahaha. yeah i did not think it would be the battery. lol
lights and radio draw 10amps max.

the starter can draw up to 50amperes
Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 PM   #49
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah it痴 the 4.7 V-8 and thanks guess we値l have it towed to the dealer. we値l check battery.
If you have the ability I always recommend doing it your self to save a TON of money.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #50

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
also battery is only like 3 years old. but i know age dose not all ways mater. (and yeah i know that can go sooo many ways) lol
My stock one died after 3 yrs. Then the starter took a shit within the same week.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #51
GO VOLS!

Quote:
If you have the ability I always recommend doing it your self to save a TON of money.
i’ll go down there and take a look at it and see. i have not done to much work on car’s trucks. have done some but not on my own. helped my uncle that lives 12h aways for 2 weeks. when i was 13
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #52
GO VOLS!

Quote:
My stock one died after 3 yrs. Then the starter took a shit within the same week.
damn!
Old 10-27-2011, 10:46 PM   #54

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok just talked to her. she said lights wear good. did not seam dim at all. and it would not even try and turn over. she would turn the key and get 1 click. and it started just fin this morning. so sounds like starter. anyone know about how much that is to get? hot hard it it to put in?
also, if the contacts inside the solenoid are bad, they can be corroded or even worn down to where its not making a good enough connection.

starters rarely go bad and are 9 times out of 10 misdiagnosed and the solenoid/ internal contacts iare the real culprit.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #55

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
If it turns out to be the starter then tap the solenoid with a hammer or rock, it usually works.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #56
GO VOLS!

Quote:
Dealer will rape ya.

Pull the battery, and take it somewhere to have it checked before you go and waste money on a tow if it can't be jumped. Take it anywhere but the dealer, unless they do it for free.
ok we will. idk if they would charge or not never had one checked. i could do like M3 said and hook mine up.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:48 PM   #57
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
also, if the contacts inside the solenoid are bad, they can be corroded or even worn down to where its not making a good enough connection.

starters rarely go bad and are 9 times out of 10 misdiagnosed and the solenoid/ internal contacts iare the real culprit.

Unfortunately the starter and the starter solenoid are in the same spot.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #58

S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok we will. idk if they would charge or not never had one checked. i could do like M3 said and hook mine up.
They have never charged me to check a battery. Just use jumper cables (with your engine running), so there is no chance you kill your battery and then you would be stuck to.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:50 PM   #59

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Unfortunately the starter and the starter solenoid are in the same spot.
but $10 for new contacts is cheaper than a whole new starter