Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

tundra prob.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #61
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
If it turns out to be the starter then tap the solenoid with a hammer or rock, it usually works.
this can just jiggle the solenoid contacts. if it was more easily accessible you could jump the terminals on the solenoid with a wrench to force the voltage directly to the starter rather than go through the solenoid.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #62
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
this can just jiggle the solenoid contacts. if it was more easily accessible you could jump the terminals on the solenoid with a wrench to force the voltage directly to the starter rather than go through the solenoid.

That does work for vehicles that has the solenoid accessible. but unfortunately it is underneath the intake manifold. You can barely touch the damn thing with a 6" screwdriver let alone beat it with a hammer or find the solenoid contacts.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #63
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
Whith what it takes to get the starter out of this truck, you're better off replacing it.
agree to disagree...

not hard to check the bearings and brushes to verify the starter is ok. Ive been working on cars professionally for 10+ years, although not full time. More or less a hobby after college. My father used to own a shop. He was old school and we would rebuild stuff with oem parts and the rebuilt parts would last at least twice as long as buying reman stuff from autozone or napa
Old 10-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #64

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texoma View Post
That does work for vehicles that has the solenoid accessible. but unfortunately it is underneath the intake manifold. You can barely touch the damn thing with a 6" screwdriver let alone beat it with a hammer or find the solenoid contacts.
hense the IF lol
Old 10-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #65
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
agree to disagree...

not hard to check the bearings and brushes to verify the starter is ok. Ive been working on cars professionally for 10+ years, although not full time. More or less a hobby after college. My father used to own a shop. He was old school and we would rebuild stuff with oem parts and the rebuilt parts would last at least twice as long as buying reman stuff from autozone or napa

I would recomend buying the OEM starter if it comes down to this. Replaced the water pump on my old tundra with a bosch and it crapped on me 2 months later, switched to toyota water pump with no probs. So if it comes down to the starter, go OEM.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #66
A country boy can survive
pyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shedpyroskier is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
pyroskier's Tacoma Gallery
Exact same thing happened to me, I even started a thread on it. It was the battery. Lights and everything came on, but there was a rapid clicking noise when I turned the key.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #67
MPG? LOL
sean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsean266 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
sean266's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
youre a little late to the party
I saw the comment and had to post
Old 10-28-2011, 04:28 AM   #68
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroskier View Post
Exact same thing happened to me, I even started a thread on it. It was the battery. Lights and everything came on, but there was a rapid clicking noise when I turned the key.
yeah it did NOT have a rapid clicking. just one SINGLE click!

ok guys so to day we will try and jump it off. and it that don’t work will see about new starter. i know the battery went dead one day way back like august 3rd. and nothing worked. jumped it and it has been fine since. i think the lights got left on that time. but nothing was left on this time.

and thanks allot guys for the help! even tho it’s not a tacoma.

edit: also i know the battery terminals are connected good and are clean. i but windshield washer fluid in like 3 weeks ago.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:31 AM   #69
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
Did you ever take a class that involved grammar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO721 View Post
yes i did. and i know i still suck. i had a really hard time with school. iím dyslexic. meaning i have a much harder time learning somethings.
Do you feel like a dick making fun of his grammar?
Old 10-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #70
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Update?
Old 10-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #71
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh yeah. i guess mom got it jumped off. and made it home because it’s home. lol but i forgot to ask how it went. we’ll see tomorrow or in a day or to how it dose. thanks for all the help and tips guys!
Old 10-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #72
SSS
oneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shedoneBIGroom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: SSS
oneBIGroom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw154 View Post
Am I the dick?
Yep you the dick.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
if it started by being jumped, its the battery
yeah i guess. idk what they did. i had to clean my room and stuff out in the garage. my grandmother is coming to visit sunday and staying for idk how long really.