1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tundra prob.

Discussion in 'Tundras' started by TnRedNeck721, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:51 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    this can just jiggle the solenoid contacts. if it was more easily accessible you could jump the terminals on the solenoid with a wrench to force the voltage directly to the starter rather than go through the solenoid.

2. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

That does work for vehicles that has the solenoid accessible. but unfortunately it is underneath the intake manifold. You can barely touch the damn thing with a 6" screwdriver let alone beat it with a hammer or find the solenoid contacts.

3. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    agree to disagree...

not hard to check the bearings and brushes to verify the starter is ok. Ive been working on cars professionally for 10+ years, although not full time. More or less a hobby after college. My father used to own a shop. He was old school and we would rebuild stuff with oem parts and the rebuilt parts would last at least twice as long as buying reman stuff from autozone or napa

4. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:56 PM
    Yoytoda

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Vehicle:
    completely stock
    hense the IF lol

5. Oct 27, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more

I would recomend buying the OEM starter if it comes down to this. Replaced the water pump on my old tundra with a bosch and it crapped on me 2 months later, switched to toyota water pump with no probs. So if it comes down to the starter, go OEM.

6. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:00 PM
    pyroskier

pyroskier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Laramie, WY
    Vehicle:
    2004 Ext Cab TRD 3.4
    Exact same thing happened to me, I even started a thread on it. It was the battery. Lights and everything came on, but there was a rapid clicking noise when I turned the key.

7. Oct 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon Musk Moderator

Member:
    I saw the comment and had to post

8. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:28 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah it did NOT have a rapid clicking. just one SINGLE click!

ok guys so to day we will try and jump it off. and it that don’t work will see about new starter. i know the battery went dead one day way back like august 3rd. and nothing worked. jumped it and it has been fine since. i think the lights got left on that time. but nothing was left on this time.

and thanks allot guys for the help! even tho it’s not a tacoma.

edit: also i know the battery terminals are connected good and are clean. i but windshield washer fluid in like 3 weeks ago.

9. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:31 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    Do you feel like a dick making fun of his grammar?:D

10. Oct 28, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    Update?

11. Oct 28, 2011 at 9:44 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    oh yeah. i guess mom got it jumped off. and made it home because it’s home. lol but i forgot to ask how it went. we’ll see tomorrow or in a day or to how it dose. thanks for all the help and tips guys!

12. Oct 28, 2011 at 9:57 PM
    oneBIGroom

oneBIGroom SSS

Member:
    First Name:
    SSS
    SSS
    Vehicle:
    SSS
    SSS
    Yep you the dick.

13. Oct 28, 2011 at 10:10 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah i guess. idk what they did. i had to clean my room and stuff out in the garage. my grandmother is coming to visit sunday and staying for idk how long really.

To Top