Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Little tundra question

Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #1
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Little tundra question

Does the S/C for 5.7L increase its towing capacity, and is it smart to get one installed straight at dealer when purchased new...
Old 01-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
BigFoot aka Sasquatch
krap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrap22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
krap22's Tacoma Gallery
Towing capacity is typically a combination of the frame rating and transmission, not how much hp you have. So, no increase in towing capacity.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt want to start a new Tundra thread so I figured this one would work. I got a question for someone I know. I dont know all the specs on his Tundra but I believe it is a 2011 or 2012 model and I guess it has a remote start for his engine and I'm not sure if it came from the factory like that or if it is aftermarket. I guess where he lives he says he has some radio frequency issues in the area and his truck starts up at random times when its parked at his house. Does anyone know if he can disable it once in a while like pulling a fuse out? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
Oat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant futureOat has a brilliant future

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
I didnt want to start a new Tundra thread so I figured this one would work. I got a question for someone I know. I dont know all the specs on his Tundra but I believe it is a 2011 or 2012 model and I guess it has a remote start for his engine and I'm not sure if it came from the factory like that or if it is aftermarket. I guess where he lives he says he has some radio frequency issues in the area and his truck starts up at random times when its parked at his house. Does anyone know if he can disable it once in a while like pulling a fuse out? Thanks in advance.
Unless its a cold area, just take out the whole kit.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oat View Post
Unless its a cold area, just take out the whole kit.
Thats the issue. He lives in a really cold area that gets into the single digits at times.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #6

Marines:
Oat's Tacoma Gallery
Are you sure its the radio waves, and not the kit itself? switch it out for a viper/python professionaly installed maybe.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Does the S/C for 5.7L increase its towing capacity, and is it smart to get one installed straight at dealer when purchased new...
Any horsepower increase in any vehicle will not raise its towing capacity.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:11 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Are you sure its the radio waves, and not the kit itself? switch it out for a viper/python professionaly installed maybe.
I'm not sure if its the radio frequencies or not out there. He's not a good friend so I didnt talk to him much about the issue and figured I would give TW a shot first.