Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Tundras

Notices

Old man wants to buy a newer Tundra and when I say newer...

Old 02-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Old man wants to buy a newer Tundra and when I say newer...

He wants to get the newer body style which of course started in 07.

Last night I took the parents out to dinner. My dad was yapping about getting a newer tundra. My mom on the other hand(being all frugal with her money)said you should get the older body style so we don't have another car payment.

So my dad wants to know what year was best. He knows that he wants to get the newer body style and he also wants extra cab instead of double cab, thoughts please?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
The newer ones have things like A-TRAC and the I pod plug in the stereos, the OFF-Road additions have the locking differentials, IDK, can't really go wrong with any year with these, I would just saw to make sure the truck was well maintained
Old 02-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
The newer ones have things like A-TRAC and the I pod plug in the stereos, the OFF-Road additions have the locking differentials, IDK, can't really go wrong with any year with these, I would just saw to make sure the truck was well maintained
uhhhhh, I don't think the tundras came with Locking diffs.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
I thought I read that the 2007-08 have a lot of issues but that they are rock solid after that.

Where did you read that info?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I thought I read that the 2007-08 have a lot of issues but that they are rock solid after that.
Really? Mine's an 07 and it's rock solid....
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm curious as to what you read....my 08 has been rock solid.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #8

Quote:

How many miles are on it and how long have you had it?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Taco View Post
I'm curious as to what you read....my 08 has been rock solid.

So does the TRD version really have a locking diff?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
How many miles are on it and how long have you had it?
Going on three years and 90k+, not babied either
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Banned
Quote:
TRD Off-Road (also known as OR), does, but not the Sport
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #12
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes the TRD Off Roads have a locking rear diff. The sport models have up until 2009 have mechanical limited slip rear diff.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:27 AM   #13

Quote:
Going on three years and 90k+, not babied either
What kind of accessories you have on your tundra?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #14
Banned
Quote:
What kind of accessories you have on your tundra?
I has a Tacoma

Oops thought we were talking tacomas
Old 02-04-2012, 11:28 AM   #15
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
uhhhhh, I don't think the tundras came with Locking diffs.
Correct. Tow package however comes with LSD.

Quote:
You have a Tacoma...not a Tundra

Quote:
Not in the Tundra.

Quote:
TRD Off-Road (also known as OR), does, but not the Sport
Only in the Tacoma...not Tundra.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Correct. Tow package however comes with LSD.

You have a Tacoma...not a Tundra

Not in the Tundra.

Only in the Tacoma...not Tundra.

That is what I thought.

Do you have a Tundra?
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyz View Post
Title says newer tundra but in the op he says his dad was yapping about wanting a newer Tacoma. So not really sure if we're talking about tundra's or tacoma's

Thanks for pointing that out. I just fixed it
Old 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #19
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That is what I thought.

Do you have a Tundra?
I haz....

1st gen DC

Old 02-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I haz....

1st gen DC

I thought you had a newer tundra. There was a pic in your build thread with your tacoma on a trailer and a tundra pulling the trailer.